Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Accounts & Scripting
(02-15-2015, 11:39 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: Autoclicking is pretty much double damage. If a new player used autoclicking and an older player didn't, it's simple math to see that the autoclicker will eventually pass the older player. So for you to say that anyone who joins the game later will always be unable to catch up, has me confused. Unless you meant that a new player who autoclicked still couldn't catch up to an old player who also autoclicked.

No, I mean that if autoclick is made impossible to be performed to everyone starting from now or any day soon, neither older players (who did or did not use autoclicks) nor newer players will be able to autoclick. So of course in this case those who autoclicked before then will stay on top of rankings as long as they keep playing, but the only ones who would slightly be damaged by this action will be the older players who didn't autoclick. I fall into this category and I wouldn't mind, if this means at least to prevent further autoclicks from now on. Besides, both older players who did not use autoclick and newer players who will not be able to do so either, can still try to earn positions by clicking as many minutes as they can each day, so that those who used autoclick before will slowly lose terrain to the others unless they decide to spend just as much effort manually clicking as much as they can. I will not do that because I don't like to click too often and I'm enjoying the idle attack, but if someone cares for ranking that much that's where the clicking side of the game makes the difference.

Again: someone doesn't like to click but still wants to be at the top of ranking thus wants to use autoclick scripts to have click damage 24/7? Then what's the point of click damage? Click damage is supposed to be manual click, if everyne were to autoclick the dev could have simply have taken that type of attack out and leave auto attack alone, don't you think?

(02-15-2015, 11:39 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: As far as the philosophy comment, I don't know. Should the dev allow for a level playing field, or nip a problem in the bud and screw players who didn't abuse it; is up to the dev and what he/she thinks is best for the game. Autoclickers have been in heavy use as far as idle games are concerned, for the dev not to take that into account when making the game is a short sight on his part. To address it now when it should of been addressed on release of the game, makes it a complicated situation. (Sorry for being blunt Ray)

How do you propose to stop 'cheaters' from 'cheating'? Look at all of the idle games to date, 'hackers lol' have and always will find a way to take advantage in the game. At least with an autoclicker, we all have the same advantage at our disposal. If autoclicking is really that much of a problem and Ray has stated before that he can throw up a board for those that have autoclicked (wall of shame), it means that if he really wanted to, he could also ban/delete or suspend those players.

At the end of the day, I play idle games for fun. To see numbers go up and to make new friends. If this games main concern is to have a leader board, and to be considered more of a serious game with rules and punishments in place, then that's fine as well. At that point however, it would lose it's charm to me as something I did for fun. Others ofc, may enjoy that but to each their own.

You cannot simply compare this game to other idle games. Other idle games are single player. I know a few of them whose rankings on gaming sites (like on Kongregate) make them sort of a multiplayer thing, but it's still really just single player games. Their devs don't mind if you use any means to raise your score, as you are basically playing solo. This is a multiplayer, and the dev is committed to make it fair to everyone because of that. And autoclicking scripts go against that principle. Again, should those scripts be allowed the "click" attack should just be taken out alltogether and this game should only feature one kind of attack, auto attack.

@Ray:
I'm a bit confused about this clix idea, what would they precisely do to make it fair for those who don't use autoclick scripts? If I understand correctly, "clix points" run out after some seconds/minutes of continuous clicks, so this would keep them always at zero when someone is using scripts, and those who don't use scripts would have a regular source of "clix points" they can use to buy upgrades. But with that system I could simply, as example, only use scripts at night or when I'm not at computer, so that my experience and gold from mob kills would be higher at those times; then when I'm at computer I would turn the scripts off and let the clix generate and with those I'd buy clix upgrades till I enable scripts again when going out, and so on. It would still be a progress because scripts wouldn't be left on 24/7 if one wants to make the most of its gaming experience, but I personally preferred your previous suggestions involving special "don't click me" monsters that would entirely stop exp/gold gain to those who use scripts, and as you said those monsters could often change colors/shape/position to make it harder for scripts to detect and counterattack them.

But Ray, allow me to say this: no matter what decision you will take in favor or against scripts, this is your game and you have all the rights to choose what you like the most. We, as users, are thankful for having you listens to our opinions on this and other matters, but it would be a big mistake if you decided to implement something against your own will just to satisfy either point of view of the community. Some developers eventually run out of fun and interest when their "creature" is not like they intended it, and all I hope is you will not stop enjoying working on IOU anytime soon. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-14-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - WhiteK - 02-14-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-14-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Rovian - 02-14-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-14-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - pibedetorres - 02-15-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-16-2015, 05:45 AM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - WhiteK - 02-15-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-15-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - WhiteK - 02-15-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Rovian - 02-15-2015, 09:14 PM