Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay New Server sooon!
The wait has been real lol. Definitely looking forward to the new server to be up and running. Good job Ray and team Ray. Fishing...new guild buildings, can't wait. As an IOU player, there is no chance of losing our accounts though right? Sad WOOOOOOOO! New content.
(02-05-2016, 03:11 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: As an IOU player, there is no chance of losing our accounts though right? Sad

No way...absolutely not. Worst case scenarios:

1. You input the correct email when creating your account and you'll need to reset your password after the transfer initially to regain access.
2. You input the incorrect email, and will need to verify your account with authentication in another manner.

I have some plans to piggyback off of yahoo for the iourpg.com user transitioning, however we'll be experimenting at different methods as to whatever seems the quickest/efficient solution. Yahoo made this a really annoying part, but once it's finally done, it's done and I can block the foul word Yahoo from the in-game chat.
Woot! Finally Tongue

gj Ray, the hard work will hopefully pay off!
Will the transfer also affect other platforms like Facebook and Kongregate where the game is hosted or only accounts made on iourpg.com?
(02-06-2016, 01:15 PM)Symmol Wrote: Will the transfer also affect other platforms like Facebook and Kongregate where the game is hosted or only accounts made on iourpg.com?

Should only affect the ones on iourpg.com
You can usually find me here!
Correct. We are working out a method to ensure Kong/Facebook users are completely automatic. 

Nothing is meant by the troubles with iourpg.com users, it's just the unfortunate fact that Yahoo has not only made life hell for this game, but won't even help us out with the account back ups...something that should be incredibly simple. They have all the passwords stored with hash keys for security, which I understand if they don't want to give the hash key, but simply generate a new one, or offer us the passwords as plaintext so we can auto-register the accounts ourselves...they won't, even with my offers to pay them.

Anyways, all the characters will be available to you. If there's some kind of hiccup or troubles, we'll still be able to fix and link accounts from your old characters. 

We are going to try this route to attempt to ensure the best result with the transfer:

1. Public testing where players need to create accounts from scratch to test. 
2. Public testing with an older backup inserted into the database, where people can test their characters on the new service and see how it goes, or whether there's anything not being transferred correctly
3. Public official transfer off of Yahoo

It's a process that is obviously taking longer, but without this kind of process we could be looking at week(s) of issues none of us want to encounter lol.

Ray
Thank you for the answer, I understand it must be a pain but I'm glad you are working on all of this and hopefully everything will go as smooth as possible Smile

Good luck on the process and thank you for keeping us informed.
So wait, will I have to give up an iourpg.com account? I don't understand
(02-07-2016, 02:52 PM)Shahamaster Wrote: So wait, will I have to give up an iourpg.com account? I don't understand

No, your accounts fine. Unless you're testing on the new service then you will need to create a new account FOR testing.
(02-07-2016, 08:47 AM)Ray Wrote: Correct. We are working out a method to ensure Kong/Facebook users are completely automatic. 

Nothing is meant by the troubles with iourpg.com users, it's just the unfortunate fact that Yahoo has not only made life hell for this game, but won't even help us out with the account back ups...something that should be incredibly simple. They have all the passwords stored with hash keys for security, which I understand if they don't want to give the hash key, but simply generate a new one, or offer us the passwords as plaintext so we can auto-register the accounts ourselves...they won't, even with my offers to pay them.

Anyways, all the characters will be available to you. If there's some kind of hiccup or troubles, we'll still be able to fix and link accounts from your old characters. 

We are going to try this route to attempt to ensure the best result with the transfer:

1. Public testing where players need to create accounts from scratch to test. 
2. Public testing with an older backup inserted into the database, where people can test their characters on the new service and see how it goes, or whether there's anything not being transferred correctly
3. Public official transfer off of Yahoo

It's a process that is obviously taking longer, but without this kind of process we could be looking at week(s) of issues none of us want to encounter lol.

Ray

Good for them they don't give the pws or hashkey. Many people use pws same name for multiple things. Hopefully they are salting that hash to boot.
---Retired---