Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What can be done to improve your holidays?
Hey Ray,

I know people will kill me for these words, but it's ok, I'll sacrifice my online existence for the better future of IOU.

Basically, you have most of IOU working on the new hosts, and you don't have chat (we can live with Kong Chat for a while), Challenges (We can live without challenges for a little while), and guilds (This is a bigger issue, I believe).
How long time would it take for you and your team to get the game up, in an abbreviated version on the new host?
How long would it then take to get guilds up?
etc

Take the game down, totally offline, to prevent differences between players to grow. Give everybody a rested exp bonus of full week once you open the doors again.
Have the event bonuses waiting for everyone once you open again on the new host. At least make sure people don't miss out on gifts, and event prizes.

Could we live without IOU for a week? two weeks? Probably not, but those who do survive, will come back with a passion for IOU like no other.
Can you survive without the cashflow of IOU for a week? Two weeks? Use that as your incentive to speed up the launch/development Smile

ok, let the flaming begin...

/Xesc

Edited to add: Stop all work on events, new contents, patchwork on old servers, focus on new hosts and deployment there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can be done to improve your holidays? - Xesc - 12-24-2015, 08:58 AM