Poll: Should offline gains be changed to:
Nothing, it's fine as is.
To full rewards as thread stated but only until issues are resolved.
Other*Please specify
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Offline gains during yahoo server transfer
Hey community,
I'd like to propose a suggestion regarding offline gains while shockwave and the yahoo server are being sorted out. In the past Ray has stated that he wants online game play to be much more effective than offline gains and thus, put a limit to offline gains. Which some people hate and others have gotten accustomed to.

However, now that the game has frequent crashes for some and is even worse for others. I suggest that until the transfer is complete and that the shockwave issue is resolved that the offline gains get tweaked. Edit. I think the way I worded this, had people confused as to what I really meant. Boost current offline bonus time when playing and remove the limit applied or increase it.

Some of you may agree or disagree, please share your opinion on why, or why not you may think this idea is good or bad. Thank you.

Edit. TLDR; Offline gains when PLAYING should be unlimited and give full rewards.
Full rewards, I probably wouldn't even be online in this game anymore.
I'd be down for a buff in offline times until the transfer is complete, but maybe for the first hour offline it's full reward?
No offline limit is a bit much.
50% exp permanent bonus for next week pls
(12-24-2015, 03:27 AM)vosavo Wrote: Full rewards, I probably wouldn't even be online in this game anymore.
I'd be down for a buff in offline times until the transfer is complete, but maybe for the first hour offline it's full reward?

See the way I see it is, it's the holidays. I shouldn't have to babysit the game and refresh it every couple of hours, just to make sure it isn't crashing. Full rewards until issues are resolved, to me eliminates this. It' not like I'm suggesting it become a permanent aspect of the game. Just until everything is sorted out. If it's only full rewards for the first hour...we'd still have to babysit the game which improves nothing about the issue. If that's the case there's no point in even changing offline gains at all. The whole problem is that when people step away from their computers/laptops, they should have the peace of mind that the idle game is idling safely. Not that if they came back in 1 hr, 2, 5, 10, that the game has crashed and they've lost gains in the game. For instance, you leave the game on and go out to your families for Christmas dinner. You come back 6 hours later and the game is crashed. Well, wtf. Why should we be penalized and only get 1 hour back out of that time. It makes no sense to me to have a limit on offline gains...when the offline portion isn't our fault. As far as you being online anymore...lol you still need to play to use the offline time. So you would dw Smile It's just that the offline time needs to mirror the gains you would have gotten if you were online.
(12-24-2015, 06:13 AM)pimc Wrote: screw the gold/xp, what about the cards i am missing (voted "other")
im ok, the double card thing was long enough

i posted just because of the poll, and to give my admirers a chance to rate me even more Big Grin

awww but i really like your chick on a bike pic
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(12-24-2015, 05:40 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 03:27 AM)vosavo Wrote: Full rewards, I probably wouldn't even be online in this game anymore.

See the way I see it is, it's the holidays. I shouldn't have to babysit the game and refresh it every couple of hours, just to make sure it isn't crashing. Full rewards until issues are resolved, to me eliminates this. It' not like I'm suggesting it become a permanent aspect of the game. Just until everything is sorted out. If it's only full rewards for the first hour...we'd still have to babysit the game which improves nothing about the issue. If that's the case there's no point in even changing offline gains at all. The whole problem is that when people step away from their computers/laptops, they should have the peace of mind that the idle game is idling safely. Not that if they came back in 1 hr, 2, 5, 10, that the game has crashed and they've lost gains in the game. For instance, you leave the game on and go out to your families for Christmas dinner. You come back 6 hours later and the game is crashed. Well, wtf. Why should we be penalized and only get 1 hour back out of that time. It makes no sense to me to have a limit on offline gains...when the offline portion isn't our fault. As far as you being online anymore...lol you still need to play to use the offline time. So you would dw Smile It's just that the offline time needs to mirror the gains you would have gotten if you were online.

I'm a bit confused now on what you want here:
To simply have full gains while offline
Or
To have rested time give 100% exp/gold?

If you want to have full gains while offline, then rested time would need to be removed completely as it would just be an exploit to gain more stuff.

Rested time - while it's counting you earn 50% and then when your back you earn another 50% until the max rested time, from which if you want to remove the max rested time the earning while offline would have to be removed, and you would only gain while online. 
I see why you want it, but it seems more like a rant because the server went down for a bit. It won't happen often, nor has and it'll likely stop for the next bit, as it gives terrible rep to Yahoo. It just seems like a 'dreamy' buff that won't happen.

Rested time already helps people recover their 100% earning for (i think it's) 6 full hours, which would be well enough time anyway. The limit is because people who don't play shouldn't be accounted for, and people who actually want to play should be able to get farther ahead, course it's an idle game so it's not that huge of a difference.

If you leave and come back with your game crashed that's what rested time is for, I really do think no limit is way to much to give; maybe just increase it to a day, but really why is it being the holidays an excuse when theirs an event and many other bonuses for it. You only have to refresh it because the server went down, from which ray even gave people links on Facebook to an auto refresher, so the browser can refresh for them on days of updates.
I agree with you... *sobs*
I am crying because I just can't log in to IOU MMORPG... I agree we need a compensation... *sniff*
50% bonus xp/gold is already too much. Logging off for an hour then burning mana for an hour could potentially get you more xp than if you were logged on the whole time. If you got 100% bonus it would encourage hard core players to synchronize group logoff times -- not fun and not good for the game.

+50% for twice as long (perhaps with no cap) would be a better solution.
(12-24-2015, 08:52 AM)pimc Wrote: i dont think you get 50% while you are offline , i think you get 50% when you come back online to recover some of the precious xp/gold (?)

I heard you earn 50% while offline from party, I may actually have to test that not entirely certain…
Rested time is actually only 25% of what you would've gained, and you do not get exp/gold while offline. (And only for gold/exp, you lose 100% of cards)

It's a 50% bonus, and its duration is half of the time you were offline.