Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 14 :: 2015 :: December
Hey Folks, 

Many are asking how the new server/client are coming along, and since it's significantly progressing at this point, here's the main feature progression:

Working (Seemingly):
-Upgrades
-Mining
-World Travel
-Cards
-Orbs
-Shop
-Character Window (and sub windows)
-Pet training, Arena and PP Shop
-Support Window
-Expeditions [Updated Dec 2nd]
-Codes [Updated Dec 2nd]
-Ranking [Updated Dec 4th]
-Reconnecting to same room (recycling) [Updated Dec 6th]
-Parties & Find Party [Updated Dec 9th]

Currently known NOT WORKING:
-Guilds
-Challenges
-Chat

There's a lot of other non-feature related issues to be dealt with by design, but for the most part this is where we are at. It shouldn't be too long, but if it is, I have plans of a couple content updates this month if things don't occur quickly enough with the client & server.

Ray
Just some minor updates on progression of things.

First off, this chair has some new ass-indents it didn't have last week. Quite an intense feat of production testing and debugging with the new client and server.

While the client and server still have some work for getting guilds, challenges and chat together, all the other features to the game appear to be working well enough during personal tests.

I'm working with the new back-end company on getting server spin-ups prepared for a very small private testing session to start, then i'll be opening things up to more people who may be interested when that time comes. Personally I was even beginning to feel like things were never going to move forward regardless of all the stressful hours that have been going into this every single day, but it's finally at a stage that there's no denying it's happening.

One last note here, is i'm still uncertain what i'll be implementing content-wise specifically this month, but it's definitely going to happen - a real patch! Stay tuned Smile

Ray
Content patch will be release pretty soon...and i'll announce the day/time on the facebook page ahead.

Be prepared for some significant changes with challenges Smile

Ray
Like clockwork, it seems like Yahoo unplugs things at the most opportune moment for IOU to suffer lol....

There was a very quick bug fix where players received more snowballs, however the forwarding of that update failed for some players because of the service issues that had started slowly since last night, and the communication of the service didn't push properly - amazing timing. This means some players received far more snowballs than they were supposed to, thus got ahead in the event.

I'll be rectifying this by tracking down the players and converting their snowball count to a negative number to set them back some. These players did nothing wrong and exploiting nothing but unfortunately will be rendered stagnant for a while until things are caught up.

Really sorry for the annoying service issues in the last 24 hours folks. Having had stable service for a while from Yahoo made me pretty stupid in thinking the holidays just might go well.

Ray