Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming jump
So I just claimed the Index award that's just over 1 billion... and the next one jumps WAY up to 2.8 billion.. is that a purposeful soft cap, or a mistake?
Fairly certain this event will last awhile longer, so i'd assume it's purposeful; still will only take a couple days for that milestone. It is a big jump indeed but the rewards are starting to get really big as well, I think we'll have to wait and see what the next increase is or if it's got a nice equation to it.
The reward jump was just the same as the others.. and it just went up. I mean, I'll happily take whatever free stuff is offered, but having the first billion lead to like 15 levels then going up to almost 3 billion for the next one... that's far above exponential.. it's odd, considered the production growth has such a diminishing curve.
(12-03-2015, 12:40 PM)Wildfire2099 Wrote:  but having the first billion lead to like 15 levels then going up to almost 3 billion for the next one... that's far above exponential.. it's odd, considered the production growth has such a diminishing curve.

So wrong.

First billion (1.1b) provides 19 levels of rewards. That is for instance 1.4k diamonds.

The 1.1b->3b is nowhere exponential. The formula for milestones changes from one polynomial to the other. The new formula basically doubles what would the old give. That way 20th level is 2.88b, but 21st is "only" 3.5b, 22nd is 4.45b.

Also, 19th level starts giving higher rewards, so the change in formula is fair.

You will "stuck" for few days gathering pollution for 20th reward (me for no more than 5 days) but then next few will be claimed a bit faster. 

Given how long this even is going to last, I see no problem with any sort of huge jump.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
1.1 Bill ^ 10 is only 2.59 Billion, so calling it an exponential increase isn't wrong. I didn't note the others, if you have, and it was #19, fine.

They were just far less... even using the same formula and doubling it seems too low, but if you've done the math, I believe you.

The award increase is only 25 diamonds, 5 food, 1 SO.. just like it was for the last bump.. that doesn't seem to justify the increase to me. I get it's meant to be long, but no reward for 4 or 5 days is kinda a drag, you know? I'm certainly not saying there isn't enough reward for the event.. it's pretty awesome, actually. I'd greatly prefer small awards at smaller increments so I feel like I"m getting somewhere.
(12-04-2015, 12:27 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: 1.1 Bill ^ 10 is only 2.59 Billion, so calling it an exponential increase isn't wrong.  

1.1bil^10 is 2.59e+90

Probably would of been better to have the amount of times to change the temperature per claims set in different increments and have the rewards lowered instead of such huge jumps to keep people interested in the event, but then you'd have those few complaining about the lowered freebies even though there have been three events in two months.
Geez, what's wrong with me lately? I was shortening (not using the zeroes)... obviously that's not correct. So I guess calling it exponential is a bit of an exaggeration. My point remains, though (and you agree, apparently Smile.

I can't imagine anyone complaining that the free stuff isn't good enough, but maybe I'm underestimating the whining capacity of internet gamers.
It's easy to explain why the rewards jump on events lately. First you have to remember that realistically there is no reward cap on this and the last couple events Ray released. There is one theoretically, but I'd be amazed if anyone hit it. Second this is an idle game. So the goal isn't to be on constantly, which is the huge reason I love this game, my work days are 11-12 hours where I can't play.

The result is that people who are constantly online will collect 1-2 claims more than people who login a few times a day. Maybe 3-4 at the very most. If there weren't jumps in the reward requirements and there was still no cap then people that played constantly would collect dozens more claims than people like me. I figure idle games are built for people like me that love games but have a full time job. Luckily for the devs players with full time jobs have plenty of money to throw around. We just get annoyed by the fact that most other games penalize us for not being able to play 10+ hours a day like we could when we were still in school lol.
That actually makes alot of sense, Aaron. I'm not sure we needed it so early on, but I totally see that logic.