Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Extend BF event
Paydays are weird, and kongregate only allows a certain limit per day on purchases.
Hey Listat,

I have had requests from players in other countries as apparently some payments take time to process (business-day wise) for specific methods. I really don't know how long an extension would be fair or suitable.

On the other hand i'm biased and personally somewhat against the idea as this event is quite the toll on tickets, expectations, disappointed players, etc to the point that i'm actually very much looking forward to it just being over sooner than later.

How 'extended' are we talking?

Ray
Why would anyone complain about a huge pile of free stuff? Just because people who pay get a bit more? SMH
i know few players who cant buy kreds on weekends so maybe 2 bonus days would be fine ?
(11-29-2015, 09:33 PM)Ray Wrote: Hey Listat,

I have had requests from players in other countries as apparently some payments take time to process (business-day wise) for specific methods. I really don't know how long an extension would be fair or suitable.

On the other hand i'm biased and personally somewhat against the idea as this event is quite the toll on tickets, expectations, disappointed players, etc to the point that i'm actually very much looking forward to it just being over sooner than later.

How 'extended' are we talking?

Ray

3 or 4 days max, given the limit on purchases and "cap" you set for the event, I think this would be fair (in my opinion). I planned on hitting that cap but at the current end date I can't.

Thanks.
This is the first event that has been released with no cap in buying power. It shouldn't even have been released let alone extended. I'm all for Ray making cash but this event is so offtrack as to how IOU has been. It's clearly a Kong event and a disappointment on the p2w aspect. p2w is fine it keeps the game alive but this was just ridiculous.
I disagree with it being extended. Everyone knew a good 1-2 weeks in advance that this event was coming, therefore everyone had plenty of time to prepare and set aside funds for it. This event gave absurdly high rewards for spending and many people are upset about it. This drove the wedge between f2p and p2w even farther apart. The rewards are so high because of it being such a short event and black friday, extending it would nullify the entire purpose of the event.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

(11-30-2015, 10:00 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: This is the first event that has been released with no cap in buying power. It shouldn't even have been released let alone extended. I'm all for Ray making cash but this event is so offtrack as to how IOU has been. It's clearly a Kong event and a disappointment on the p2w aspect. p2w is fine it keeps the game alive but this was just ridiculous.

sadly it will be extended, I hate the event but if I was the dev I'd take the extra 5 grand coming my way by extending it a few days
I don't think that's the case... the utility of diamonds and such goes down the more you have, so I don't think it's as big as a difference maker as you do.

I'm all for Ray making some money... I really don't think it matters how far ahead they get.. with the slowdown put in for levels 400-500.. things will start equalizing before too long.
I think we should just setup a time for another event like this. Either next Black Friday or maybe twice a year, so like in six months if it's twice a year. Six months would maybe be a memorial day sale?

Anyway I'm for and against events like this. They help keep the game alive and advance the development of the game. But if they are too often they stress the balance between p2w and f2p. Plus as you said Ray they are a ton of work for the people managing the game.

Just take the event down and give us a time when it will be back lol. Preferably either 6 months or 12 months from now.