Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Challenge Change
:: Suggestion ::
Enable players to start group challenges without a full room.

:: Explanation ::
I lurk around IOU at the whee hours of the morning, and I notice that there's sometimes new players who are in need of fillers for some sort of group challenge, and they're only able to play the game at such an awkward hour, due to some sort of business they have in the regular community gaming hours.
I understand that implementing this feature might steer the game a little bit away from the whole "multiplayer" concept, but the thing is that, almost all of the game is past the point of Bronze Groups, Silver Groups, and even Gold Groups; filling them during the off hours is quiet a bit of work.
Especially since the growth of a player in this game is exponential, people near the top are often less likely to sit around and check the chat to see if people need fillers.
I noticed, the stronger you get, the more often you will afk, than not.
Thus with this implementation new players won't have to dread spamming "need fillers for _______ (insert challenge)"
This will also boost the willingness of the community to help since I know a lot of people, dread having to help find fillers, when they're the ones going to do the carrying.

:: TL;DR ::
Hard to fill group rooms at 1-4am in the morning, put a start now button to help the new players who need group challenges.
The idea is nice but it still going to be slow going to find anyone strong enough to do the group challenge easily, players might still end up spamming the chat cause it hard to find someone to clear the platinum or the rage versions of group challenges.

Honestly the willingness of players that can carry challenges for others would be a lot better if they could get least a little something for doing it twice or more, so its not a total loss of XP/gold for trying to be helpful, right now the game punish you for helping the longer you been helping, that adds up each day.

Of course having group challenge start early will help ease that problem, but it wouldn't make it go away.
So many people are going to bash on this... I however think its a decent Idea...
(11-10-2015, 07:43 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: The idea is nice but it still going to be slow going to find anyone strong enough to do the group challenge easily, players might still end up spamming the chat cause it hard to find someone to clear the platinum or the rage versions of group challenges.

Honestly the willingness of players that can carry challenges for others would be a lot better if they could get least a little something for doing it twice or more, so its not a total loss of XP/gold for trying to be helpful, right now the game punish you for helping the longer you been helping, that adds up each day.

Of course having group challenge start early will help ease that problem, but it wouldn't make it go away.

Wait... what? I'm not talking about the chat spam. It's to allow players to complete group challenges without being online at a high time, so they can complete groups even late at night.
This way we promote and can increase player base.

Not sure about you, but I hang out in Kong room 10, and pretty much everyone there can carry Rage Ugh Group and down. A few of us who can do Rage Were Group.
Everyone in this game is growing super strong, where not as many people are in search of Bronze,Silver or Gold group thus, being able to start without a full group will help new players out. I've seen a Silver Were Group up for like 2 days, because the room creator plays only late in the night.
There are players that can clear those challenges easily, yes, but are they jumping into them each time someone needs it? No, I still commonly see groups challenges in general completely ignored by these players cause there just simply isn't a reason for them to help.

Having it start early will help a little, but I still believe they not going to jump into it to carry it through cause there just simply isn't any rewards for doing so and with how many players need challenges done, both duos(tho easier to find obviously) and groups, they not willing to help all of them out just so they can feel good about it.
That's just your opinion and who you ask. Most higher ups now are pretty afk majority of the time.
I have 4.1b Challenge Damage, I love helping people. Just trying to "fill" a group is irritating. When I ask for a fill, most of the time it's quick and easy and fills under 3minutes.
I've seen people ask for fills before, and it's super hard to get 4 extra people.
Pretty much, if you ask anyone in Chaos for help, we're down as long as we're not in the middle of doing something in the real world.
Again, this falls back into "filling" a group. We want to say yes to the dude asking for help, and immediately get it over with. Not say yes and wait for 3 or 5 minutes to start.
Or...
In this case I'm tying to make, like 15-20 minutes at like 3am in the morning.
Love that idea,
-Need to lower that spam a bit & make those groups start fast when there's clearly somebody who can carry it.
+1 Plz ray Tongue
I carry when ever possible. I dont like respecing and normally only do duo's... I dont spend much time infront of the game anymore. So if I know I can carry something by myself I would rather just help some people out and get it over with.
Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker
[Image: Countersig.png]
(11-10-2015, 11:29 PM)wtfaatp Wrote: I carry when ever possible. I dont like respecing and normally only do duo's... I dont spend much time infront of the game anymore. So if I know I can carry something by myself I would rather just help some people out and get it over with.

Exactly. No one has any trouble finding a carry for a duo, cus it's fast. If we can start group challenges without needing 6 people, I feel the community would love the idea and help out in groups more. Atm, it doesn't matter if it's Rage Were Duo or Group, both take me under a minute to finish. Duo is instant and group takes too long to fill.
+1 on the idea here.

I had some idea with putting in NPCs to fill or one where a person can ask the host to start it before filling, but that's far more work than a simple "Start" button for the host.

I got carried -a lot- up the challenges, so it's only natural to pay some back. But as always with those groups, it can be a timepit to wait for them to fill.