Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
new party locking features
currently you can lock your party so only ppl who know your password can join, or you can lock completely, so no1 can join at all

my suggestions is:

set a fixed DPS that's needed to oin a party - the mark must be lower than your own

allow guild joins only

allow friends only (need a friendlist first...)

/Bacon666
Allow guild joins only already exists. (turn of public join and turn on guild join from the guild page)
Dps requirements would be nice yes. Ill +1 that.
//RealyFluffy  LVL 291 EdenRegenesis
The only issue is that dps can vary a lot. And by a lot I mean easily up to 4x your idle dps. For instance I do just over 1m idle damage, but I just finished doing some challenges and my dps was up to nearly 5m. So it can't be based on just what your dps reads because people will find ways around it. I bet I could easily get my dps to read 6-7 times what my idle dps is.

It would have to be based on a theoretical calculation of idle dps. Which I know is possible, a number of guilds have spreadsheets that display those calculations. And then you can only put a minimum of maybe 90% of your parties average theoretical idle dps. I'd prefer 75-80% instead of 90% but those may be a little too low.
that is easy to fix. instead of dps, which as Aaron said varies greatly, use Base Damage as the lock anyone with a lower Base Damage then what you set as the lock can't join.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
I think there'd be to many holes to this.
Like what has already been stated about DPS it has way to many problems for a requirement. Even base damage would be a problem for those who don't often get double cards packs, or haven't yet found carries since maybe they don't play on Kongregate.
Sort of forcing people who can't get it high up early to play with lower levels, which the people probably wouldn't like since well… They're higher level.
-Keep in mind just HOW MUCH challenge milestones changes your base damage early on.-
There's already a level requirement into joining parties as long as you don't have the persons full ign, which seems like it would be enough. If not then maybe toy with the level requirements for parties?

I'm against this.
(However, I don't do non-perma parties so keep in mind i'm biased to no change)
(11-09-2015, 01:42 AM)Mythic Wrote: that is easy to fix. instead of dps, which as Aaron said varies greatly, use Base Damage as the lock anyone with a lower Base Damage then what you set as the lock can't join.

+1
(11-09-2015, 05:32 AM)vosavo Wrote: I think there'd be to many holes to this.
Like what has already been stated about DPS it has way to many problems for a requirement. Even base damage would be a problem for those who don't often get double cards packs, or haven't yet found carries since maybe they don't play on Kongregate.
Sort of forcing people who can't get it high up early to play with lower levels, which the people probably wouldn't like since well… They're higher level.
-Keep in mind just HOW MUCH challenge milestones changes your base damage early on.-
There's already a level requirement into joining parties as long as you don't have the persons full ign, which seems like it would be enough. If not then maybe toy with the level requirements for parties?

I'm against this.
(However, I don't do non-perma parties so keep in mind i'm biased to no change)

You could always make it a feature that is only released after level 130 or 200. The big issue is over 200, the level range compared to dps difference gets much larger. Challenge damage is added to the base damage from the character sheet, but ABD and multipliers aren't. I think it would still have to be a calculation of all theoretical damage.
Well,tbh as mentioned before dps is too easy to manipulate to be able to use as a good filter and base damage isn't better since a big part of your dps is based on pets and abd and the creator of the party can still be unhappy about the dps of the person that joined him so you'll still need to use some kind of "theoretical dps" or something like it Sad