Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F2P Goal(s) Reached
I am a free player and have been accumulating a lot of milestones recently and now that I got the last one I wanted, time to make thread.

Time played: 105 days or 3 months.

Goal 1: Level 260. Since I was level 200, every 5 and 10 levels have been important goals for me. When I was 220, I thought it'd be really cool to hit 225, then 230, 235, etc. The levels ending in 0 are really satisfying. I got this today.

Goal 2: Expedition upgrades completely maxed. I got this completed today. I first got all my upgrades to 15/15, then got 3rd ship last. Which took a long, long, long time. Seeing 3 expeditions running at once is satisfying and also knowing that I don't have to worry about any upgrades in that section for at least a month or two.

Goal 3: 1 million dps. I got this between level 250 and 255. I don't remember where exactly. 2 star auto dam, crit dam, and pet dam contributed quite a bit to this.

Goal 4: Getting support level 4. From what I have gathered from other players around my level and time played, I'm apparently significantly far behind on diamonds. I think this is because for the first 2 months, all I did was run AP expeditions. Now I am 4500 diamonds from support 5 and 95% of that is from the current event.

Goal 5. Pets above Rhinos. I have had a robobee for quite some time now, I don't remember when I got it. I did get my 2nd robobee in the last few days thanks to pet arena. I am currently on pet arena level 30 and will have it beaten within a day or two once I get the next milestone reward in the current event. Level 4 and level 1 bees currently. Level 5 bee on completion of last arena level.

Sub Goal 1: Orbs. I currently have 4 orbs to 2 stars.

Sub Goal 2: Mine depth 48. 49 in 2 or 3 days.

I made this thread for 2 reasons.
1) To show the prolonged milestones of a *Kongregate* free player. I know other free players are nearing and surpassing level 300. Most all of those are original IOU players, I started playing a week or two after IOU was released on Kongregate. Other Kong players are higher, but not a massive amount. I would be around level 270 had I not been been without a party for a week due to bad guilds.

2) To hopefully show other free players that getting a high level and dps is possible without spending, it just takes longer.

Being a free player does really suck with how IOU progression is setup, but endgame progression is still possible. At where I'm at, it is nothing but a tedious grind. The only thing that brings me even the smallest amount of "fun" are leveling auto base damage and leveling up so I can enter the numbers into the spreadsheet and see the numbers rise gradually. I imagine by the 100 day mark, a good majority of free players will have quit, but I stay because I've put so much into the game that I might as well put in more. My largest goal is to hit level 300 one day. Which I will hit as well as anyone else who puts in the time.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

Congrats on reaching your goals!

I wouldn't exactly expect that being F2P is what makes things boring after 100 days; I have players from all spectrums complaining these days about the state of the game at the end. The content development hasn't been anything close to what I or the community hoped for. My mind is about to explode with all the features and additions I want to put in the game being held off, and i'll finally get to start leaking those ideas & integrations (including what has already been mentioned in the roadmap) into reality by December.
I am a F2P player too. Here are my stats and biggest goals reached :

Lvl 217,101 days played

Goal 1 : Play 100+ days. It took a long time,but i made it and i did it the F2P way Big Grin

Goal 2 : Reach lvl 200. At the begining i was like "I will never reach lvl 200,it is impossible" but here i am, a lvl 217 with 101 days played.

Goal 3 : Support 4 reached currently. Took a long time...Can't say anything more about it.

Goal 4 : 2nd rhino before lvl 220. I really wanted it so i used like over 500 AP on pet arena in the last week.

Goal 5 : Find a good guild and stay in it.

Goal 6 : Reach 100k dps. Waited for it long enough Big Grin

My biggest goal yet to reach is like yours,lvl 300. And yeah is surprisingly how some F2P players can play over 100 days. Hope i will see you soon.
Nice run 'til now.
well done. keep it up. 

a side note to my best friend: that's the way to go.  one thread and no spam every day,  dear ragegai. you're the only top100 guy who did spam his p2w goals.  why just you ?  the answer is easy: a good player doesn't need to brag. speech is silver, silence is gold. 
Nice Poem, I got about the same stats, but not bees. Instead I have 1m dps at level 253...and it has been 110 days.
Also max expeditions. About 3.8k til support 5. Though my depth is messed up from the beginning so I'm only at 37.

F2p people must unite.

Edit: I also know 3 more people that I've been partying with that are f2p with the same stats. One even has 2 bees also Tongue
You can usually find me here!
I would like to say I have also played 273 days F2P Big Grin
IGN: Rovian
Level: 438
IOU Score: 53247
Guild: KONDOMINIUM
Heart

Congrats man! I'm at 107 days free here. Never thought I'd ever be able to lead a top 100 guild, given the amount of guilds there are. But I managed to make it here with my amazing members who have been able to make it this far with me Smile
Guild: FOvivors (Creator) Top 50 Guild
IOU: 73k
Level 467
Idle DPS: 350M
Support Level 6
This is a F2P army !
Let's keep it going !
Nice run 'til now.
(11-06-2015, 09:30 AM)Rovian Wrote: I would like to say I have also played 273 days F2P Big Grin

Dayum, that's a lot of f2p.
You can usually find me here!
(11-06-2015, 07:46 AM)mendox Wrote: well done. keep it up. 

a side note to my best friend: that's the way to go.  one thread and no spam every day,  dear ragegai. you're the only top100 guy who did spam his p2w goals.  why just you ?  the answer is easy: a good player doesn't need to brag. speech is silver, silence is gold. 

Top 100?

I'm top 50.

Get up with it.
---Retired---