Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge system
Hello,
I hope that with introduce a Challenge system, there will be also some way how to build your challenge team. Something like group/dungeon finder from other mmorpgs.

Thank you
Hey Sylogis,

I'm intending on setting up something similar to the 'Find Party' system for duo, group and army. Once you have the required amount of users, and the host starts up the challenge, all players will leave their instances (And disbanding party if they are in one for regular play) to join a united instance for the challenge.

One issue that i'm facing in this design is that this is an idle game, the whole purpose is to be able to just come back with any comfortable frequency. Challenges somewhat harm that ordeal, so i'd like to set up some non-official Challenge Appointments.

This would be a timer for every <x> (maybe 6?) hours on every players screen, and when the countdown nears 0, any players at their screen will know that it's a good time to attempt group / army challenges. While these are possible at any time, for a casual player it can be extremely difficult to organize an army, so i'm hoping this will allow people to organize without any additional effort required.
(02-10-2015, 05:55 AM)Ray Wrote: I'm intending on setting up something similar to the 'Find Party' system for duo, group and army. Once you have the required amount of users, and the host starts up the challenge, all players will leave their instances (And disbanding party if they are in one for regular play) to join a united instance for the challenge.

I would like to ask whether the Challenge "Find Party" will operate independently on Tiers. So I will be able to team with someone on Tier 0 or Tier 1 for example.

Iam near to Ascension 2 and I would not want to stay without possibility to do group Challenges.

Thank you.
The initial release of challenges will likely only include 'Solo' Challenges to start off to avoid delaying updates for too long as this system is one of the more complex setups within the game.

When Duo & Groups are set up shortly after, I have no intention of limiting the matchmaking to tier, however there will be level requirements for challenges to avoid pure leeching.