Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expeditions!
Combat is coming to expeditions next, so that should open up some new stuff.

I don't think the tiny pack is unbalanced at all, especially considering that the diamond expeditions are low because they also provide support points. However, I don't think it's worth implementing into the game because I suspect it would take a decent amount of programming without providing much value. People are still going to pick diamonds or AP over card packs because cards are worth less than either in the long run.

I do like the idea of new ways of getting crystals, but I agree this is way way too many. Crystals right now cost at least 10 AP a piece to get if you are using dynamite in the mines. I think I would be tempting to just not bother with this in expeditions, it would create too many balancing issues. Plus crystals in the long run after you get all the orbs are only equal to sacrifices.

The tractor beam is an interesting idea. And I don't agree with Brouwer that there shouldn't be ways to get more premium currency. If you made it a very expensive upgrade, say 10x the other upgrades, then it would be a late game upgrade. And it would be a nice sink for expedition points. I'd like to see more ways for late game players to get more premium currency.

And finally with the purchase idea I like the idea of purchasing things with expedition points. The problem is that I don't think any types of boosts are the correct things to purchase. It would create a system where top players would need to keep these up all the time. Instead I'd like to see the ability to purchase resources, such as wood, stone, gold, and pet food. For instance maybe trading 500 expedition points for 5 pet food. On the other hand I'd like to see this only implemented after the combat upgrades were put in place. Otherwise we are forced to pick between saving for those upgrades or spending now for a short term boost.

Anyway in summary none of them are bad ideas in my mind and wouldn't break the game, but it depends a lot on how and when they are implemented.

Messages In This Thread
Expeditions! - Mylon - 10-27-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: Expeditions! - budice - 10-27-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: Expeditions! - Mylon - 10-27-2015, 11:14 AM
RE: Expeditions! - DorutheDragon - 10-27-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Expeditions! - Ragekai - 10-27-2015, 09:04 AM
RE: Expeditions! - Brouwer - 10-27-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Expeditions! - Aaron Storm - 10-28-2015, 01:57 AM
RE: Expeditions! - Wildfire2099 - 10-28-2015, 02:51 AM
RE: Expeditions! - Andez - 10-28-2015, 08:35 AM
RE: Expeditions! - Poems - 10-28-2015, 09:39 AM