Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
soul orbs to contribute to iou score
I feel that soul orbs are a measure of someone's progression to a degree and that they should increase iou score, disagree or agree?

Incase anyone gets confused by the way what i'm proposing is a general soul orb iou score not a soul orb that increases iou score by a percentage that would be ridiculous but just in case someone got confused ._.
Totally agree! +1
Agree.
---Retired---
I would agree to it except the problem is that orbs are heavily RNG, someone that contributes 100x sacrifices for example will have a different result than what someone else gained, cause it pays out either 100, 250 or 500 orb XP, how would that contribute to the IOU scores?

Also everything that does contribute to IOU scores don't have super RNG influence written all over it.
I agree but I don't think it should be a major factor, perhaps a little higher than pet score and level score. If you say each orb level is 1 point then if you had all ten orbs unlocked and at three stars that would be 2k points. Considering most people only have 4-5 unlocked right now and 1 orb at two star I think most people are sitting around 100-200 points which sounds about right since over the next month that will increase to around 500 points.

As for the RNG factor with it the same can be said of upgrades since they depend on gold, getting a few epic chests can make a large difference. In addition RNG over the long term usually evens out. If you say each orb level is 1 iou score then once you get to third tier it's going to even out to the point where someone that is super lucky is going to be less than a hundred points ahead of the average. And that would be super lucky since they would need something like 250,000 more sacrifice exp to get 100 more points.
Well orbs are heavily RNG, least epic chests don't mean you going to be able to afford the very next auto damage upgrade 1-2 times, while in orbs, your sacrifices is worth 1x, 2.5x or 5x the amount, if you have to rely on daily, you won't get very far with it when it constantly pays out 100xp (I been having this the past few days of 4x-5x worth of 100s).

But if its just a small amount of IOU score on the level of how small pet scores are, then maybe it'll be acceptable. I just worried that if added, would make too big of a impact on IOU scoring, which would really make determining how good a player is very awkward since orbs, its hard to say what they decided to invest in and orbs are highly impacting to the game balance wise.
(10-21-2015, 07:18 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: Well orbs are heavily RNG, least epic chests don't mean you going to be able to afford the very next auto damage upgrade 1-2 times, while in orbs, your sacrifices is worth 1x, 2.5x or 5x the amount, if you have to rely on daily, you won't get very far with it when it constantly pays out 100xp (I been having this the past few days of 4x-5x worth of 100s).

But if its just a small amount of IOU score on the level of how small pet scores are, then maybe it'll be acceptable. I just worried that if added, would make too big of a impact on IOU scoring, which would really make determining how good a player is very awkward since orbs, its hard to say what they decided to invest in and orbs are highly impacting to the game balance wise.

You strongly underestimate the power of idle damage orb..

It can give hundreds of thousands of damage per second on unlock of 2* in the LV.260-270s+ range.
---Retired---
(10-21-2015, 07:27 AM)Ragekai Wrote:
(10-21-2015, 07:18 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: Well orbs are heavily RNG, least epic chests don't mean you going to be able to afford the very next auto damage upgrade 1-2 times, while in orbs, your sacrifices is worth 1x, 2.5x or 5x the amount, if you have to rely on daily, you won't get very far with it when it constantly pays out 100xp (I been having this the past few days of 4x-5x worth of 100s).

You strongly underestimate the power of idle damage orb..

It can give hundreds of thousands of damage per second on unlock of 2* in the LV.260-270s+ range.

He didn't mention orbs' power, he's just saying that the "Orb score" added to IOU score should be as low as pet score.
I agree that it should be a small addition to IOU score if anything.

Yes, IOU Score doesn't matter, and yes, ranks don't matter...but it will give the ones who bought like 50,000 diamonds worth of dynamite will get a major IOU score boost if so.
You can usually find me here!
(10-21-2015, 10:10 AM)Void Wrote: I agree that it should be a small addition to IOU score if anything.

Yes, IOU Score doesn't matter, and yes, ranks don't matter...but it will give the ones who bought like 50,000 diamonds worth of dynamite will get a major IOU score boost if so.

Ranks don't matter?

Maybe if you aren't ranking, sure.
---Retired---