Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orb suggestion: cost reduction
I don't think that's true... though granted it depends who it's calculated. a 20% price reduction only works one way... if something cost 5 Billion...20% less makes it 4 Billion.

The Gold bonus could be additive to the other bonuses (meaning it's increase is added to the base gold gain) or Multiplicative. Say you're getting 100K per kill, and you total gold bonuses are 100% (I know that's low, just using round numbers for easy math)... that's 200K. Add in the 50% party bonus, you're at 300K. If the 20% is additive, you're adding 30K (20% of the base, and a corresponding increase in the party bonus). If it's multiplicative, you'are adding either 40K (if its additive to the party bonus), or 60K if it's on top of the party bonus.

So which is better? It depends how much you're earning relative to the cost of your skills. My sense is if it's additive the cost reduction is probably a bit better, and if it's multiplicative, the gold gain is better. In either case, it's not going to be a signifigant difference.

That are bestowing the same benefit (faster skill gains). The advantage of gold bonuses are 1) they're already programmed and 2) They encourage playing. Passive benefits like cost reducers don't. I don't really see the point of adding something that's essentially a duplicate of what we have.

Messages In This Thread
orb suggestion: cost reduction - Selendis - 10-08-2015, 03:47 AM
RE: orb suggestion: cost reduction - Poems - 10-08-2015, 06:19 AM
RE: orb suggestion: cost reduction - Wildfire2099 - 10-09-2015, 01:00 AM