Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Party Exp Distribution
Party members who contribute more (eg. do more damage) should be rewarded for it.

For example, if two party members killed a monster with 100hp.

p1: 60 dmg
p2: 40 dmg

p1 should take 55% of the exp in my opinion. This makes the highest damage dealing player less prone to leaving the party.

This can be based on dps or whatever. But the purpose is to make partying a little more fair.

This can probably take other factors into consideration as well such as person providing highest hp reduction or treasure rate, but that seems pretty complicated.
This would make the party a lot less welcoming feature if this happens, also if someone wants to power level someone in a guild, they won't be able to do so.

I just think this idea would hurt the entire party system, would have to start having really strict and tight damage range for the entire party to keep it to what we have now. Also nothing about this seems to make it more fair, it will just encourage a lot more soloing in the future if this happens.
(10-04-2015, 12:20 PM)ferenein Wrote: Party members who contribute more (eg. do more damage) should be rewarded for it.

For example, if two party members killed a monster with 100hp.

p1: 60 dmg
p2: 40 dmg

p1 should take 55% of the exp in my opinion. This makes the highest damage dealing player less prone to leaving the party.

This can be based on dps or whatever. But the purpose is to make partying a little more fair.

This can probably take other factors into consideration as well such as person providing highest hp reduction or treasure rate, but that seems pretty complicated.

Well that would suck because it'd make having to find a party around your dps even harder, but it would stop level-carries I suppose. 

Plus you gotta keep in mind the crit rng. Let's say you get a bunch of lucky double-crits whereas your teammates don't. You're gonna be getting all the exp, and they are gonna lose exp, when you want yall to be going at a steady pace together.
You can usually find me here!
Well, that one person is not going to the only one to be getting lucky crits in the long run now is he? Also, if someone had a bunch of lucky crits, the other members are still benefiting from the monster getting killed off quickly. I am not saying completely base the exp distribution on the damage a party member has done, but to reward the member more for it in a reasonable manner.

Also, this system would make it easier to find people to party with if implemented correctly. Whereas with the current system, you have to party with someone that is around your DPS or they could end up significantly slowing down your lvling.
I think, not sure you will have to run the numbers, this would mean that a high dps player running three low dps players. From what I remember HP ramps up faster than exp gains. So if say I'm a 100k dps player and the other players in the party are 33k each I get half the exp fighting a monster that is weaker than if say all 4 were 100k players and I only got 25% of a higher difficulty monster.

I'm thinking this whole idea would get really complicated and would benefit high dps players too much. Plus making it much more difficult to carry low dps players.

What I'd prefer is maybe something like a guild exp bonus where if you party with at least one guild party member you get bonus exp.
If it were this way I'd be TOP 10 in level right now.
No doubt.
---Retired---
The answer to this is a resounding NO. Picture the top players with 3 freshly lvl 130 alts. 4 man group gets 160% exp split between them currently (40% to each player). The top player will be doing 99% of the damage, and therefore get 159% exp while basically playing solo.
Yeah, while there's a certain fairness to doing it that way.. it would only serve to make the gap between the top players and everyone else much greater.