Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge assistance
We all see the spam in channels for help, and of course everyone has there own criteria for assisting. However, what if there were bonuses (limited per day x3?) in place that gave incentive to help another out? Maybe points that allow us to buy something specific from a new shop? maybe some sort of guild point accrue for a newer building? maybe a random gold/stone/log/ap/diamond/pet food/exp. points/card? chance? The catch however is, that someone has to actually clear the zone that has never done so before. Maybe this helps jump start some new idea from you? Sadly, this may cause more alts to pop up, but a limit of 3~ should help reduce the abuse.
I think you should get minus 50℅ exp for 1 hour after finish challenge u already completed. This will discourage players from completing challenges far beyond their capability by being pulled by people 50x stronger than them.
---Retired---
(09-27-2015, 12:34 AM)Ragekai Wrote: I think you should get minus 50℅ exp for 1 hour after finish challenge u already completed. This will discourage players from completing challenges far beyond their capability by being pulled by people 50x stronger than them.

I think ragekai should get a permanent - 50% xp for suggesting this Smile

More to the point I agree that there should be some sort of benefit from repeating challenges maybe with an increasing difficulty just to add more active content to the game. Not huge rewards maybe just a few random cards for each challenge completed limited to a certain rate a day.

Always good to have more content and why not reward the higher players abit for helping the newbs. We need you guys to grow fast so you can join our guilds at some point Smile
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
(09-27-2015, 12:34 AM)Ragekai Wrote: I think you should get minus 50℅ exp for 1 hour after finish challenge u already completed. This will discourage players from completing challenges far beyond their capability by being pulled by people 50x stronger than them.

+1
//RealyFluffy  LVL 291 EdenRegenesis
Honestly it been asked many times to reward players for helping a lower level player be carried through the challenges but I think it just too hard to implement it properly, how would the game know if you are carrying them? How much work does it require to make sure the game knows that the one being helped is clearing it for the first time?

All these things complicate the issue when rewarding for helping with challenges, while I like to see it happen, I do not think it even possible.
The easy solution is just to make it a separate window so that you don't have to leave your party/lose exp.
What about just adding some trophies for challenges. Right now challenges don't have any trophies. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add a total damage done in challenges section. Do one for duo's and one for groups. Make it so that for level 100 you have to clear rage were 1000 times in group and 2000 times in duo. And then all you have to do is create a limit for the number of times each player can start a specific challenge each day, say 5 times a day but they can always join a challenge started by someone else. I don't see many people capping that out in a single day unless they are just going for the trophy in which case it's there to try to get them to help other people.

That would give an incentive for top players to do challenges, and to do ones that other people start since they can't just put up a few hundred of their own in a single day and get level 100 of the trophy. At the very least it would fix the issue for a few weeks, maybe longer since new players would join the top players in being able to carry rages.

Easy to implement and at least slightly rewarding. Even if it's not as great as getting AP and diamonds. 200 more trophies is at least something.
If the goal is to reduce carries, that's easily accomplished by reverting the 2 changes that enabled carries - reducing solo damage required for solo challenge, and removing solo completion requirement to join duo and group.

If the goal is to reduce spam without reducing the number of carries, right now a top player can do carries the entire time they're online, and receive no XP. Give rested time (or double XP time) for the duration that they're in the challenge (and pause rested / double xp while in challenges) to remove this cost. You'll find that people are far more willing to carry if it doesn't hurt them.

If people get carried when they ask, they don't go spam 10 channels twice a day for the same challenge.
(09-28-2015, 02:06 PM)Tahllian Wrote: If people get carried when they ask, they don't go spam 10 channels twice a day for the same challenge.

or, if the level require is removed and you have to beat solo challenge to start duo group, then no lvl 100 will ask for carry on were plat that are a lvl 220 challange without any carry.

Another thing would be that you can do max 5 challenges/day failed or win.

A challenge should be challenging, not something you get carried through.
//RealyFluffy  LVL 291 EdenRegenesis
Well even on MMOs, you can still gain something out of it when helping other players even if it just a small bit, a few actually rewards for actually helping out with it.

This game doesn't do that, you have to LOSE xp/gold to be helpful and that nullifies any real reason you should even help in the first place, as the game gets bigger, as long as there is no reward for helping others get through the challenges, the community in my mind will suffer, more will ask for help, more will ignore them in favor of xp/gold and the guild.

Sure we have a few helpful guys out there that do it anyways but they'll never be able to keep up with the increase number of players that going to need a lift.

On the subject of challenge should be challenging, you could look at that however way you want, maybe its a challenge itself to see if you can carry these players through? Just cause it says Challenge don't mean it should only consist of even leveled players that can't carry one another. Besides they still have to clear solo challenges to even have access to the majority of the list.

In some way the solo challenges should have stayed difficult now that I think about it, the fact they can clear them well before they should be able to compare to how it used to be made us all spoiled.