Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Progress towards support lvls
From Ray's blog:
Quote:
  • Call me p2w all you want, but I'm looking at ways to reward all dedicated players progress towards support levels, regardless of spending. Likely based on active days, potentially on referrals and other things as well down the road. 
I actually shared this on chatzy and few poeple said good things about this, so let me post it here.
You can modify support system to be base on support points. 

1. All diamond requirements are transferred to support points requirements. If you needed 140k diamonds for support 10, now you need 140k points for that.
  2. Each diamond is worth 1 support point.
  3. Support points can be earned, as mentioned above, based on active days. They are called passive support points and they are claimable at the same time daily reward is claimed. The number of points you claim is proportional to number of days played (see trophies).
  4. More about passive points - the amount you earn can be equal to 3*X (X=days played). This will allow f2p to reach 200k support points (support lvl 11) after, suprisingly, exactly 1 year. After that time points per day cap at 3*365. The cap is to prevent too fast growth, which with this system is of square rate (polynonial of order 2). Support 12 is reached at day 456, 13 at 632, 14 at 730 and 15 past 1k days. If this is too much, amount can be 2*X, capping at 730 after 1 year. Support 10 is reached at day 374, 11 at 456, 12 at 593, 13 few days after 1k.
  5. Support points are retrospective, so if you already play 100 days, you are given all points you missed.
  6. If you miss claim at day X, you also miss 3*X points. The next day you can claim 3*(x+1) points (as this matches to day X+1).
  7. Referalls can provide you 10% of their daily support point claims. This rounds down to neariest integer. Also, to prevent abuse, you can only have 3 referalls from which you can benefit.
  8. Daily activity can give support points. My idea is that for each challenge completed you earnd 1-5 points, according to their difficulty. However, to prevent abuse, only 15 points can be earned per day. 
I guess that is all for now.
(09-24-2015, 03:10 PM)Brouwer Wrote: From Ray's blog:
Quote:
  • Call me p2w all you want, but I'm looking at ways to reward all dedicated players progress towards support levels, regardless of spending. Likely based on active days, potentially on referrals and other things as well down the road. 
I actually shared this on chatzy and few poeple said good things about this, so let me post it here.
You can modify support system to be base on support points. 

1. All diamond requirements are transferred to support points requirements. If you needed 140k diamonds for support 10, now you need 140k points for that.
  2. Each diamond is worth 1 support point.
  3. Support points can be earned, as mentioned above, based on active days. They are called passive support points and they are claimable at the same time daily reward is claimed. The number of points you claim is proportional to number of days played (see trophies).
  4. More about passive points - the amount you earn can be equal to 3*X (X=days played). This will allow f2p to reach 200k support points (support lvl 11) after, suprisingly, exactly 1 year. After that time points per day cap at 3*365. The cap is to prevent too fast growth, which with this system is of square rate (polynonial of order 2). Support 12 is reached at day 456, 13 at 632, 14 at 730 and 15 past 1k days. If this is too much, amount can be 2*X, capping at 730 after 1 year. Support 10 is reached at day 374, 11 at 456, 12 at 593, 13 few days after 1k.
  5. Support points are retrospective, so if you already play 100 days, you are given all points you missed.
  6. If you miss claim at day X, you also miss 3*X points. The next day you can claim 3*(x+1) points (as this matches to day X+1).
  7. Referalls can provide you 10% of their daily support point claims. This rounds down to neariest integer. Also, to prevent abuse, you can only have 3 referalls from which you can benefit.
  8. Daily activity can give support points. My idea is that for each challenge completed you earnd 1-5 points, according to their difficulty. However, to prevent abuse, only 15 points can be earned per day. 
I guess that is all for now.

And I agree with this. +1
I mean, we want to find that sweet point where f2p can actually get somewhere, that isn't too unreasonable or op.
You can usually find me here!
+1 Especially for rewarding helping with Challenges. Many of the more experienced players help out to be nice or to buff up their guild, it would be great to see some sort of reward going to them for helping make the community so friendly.
+1 I really like this
Guild: FOvivors (Creator) Top 50 Guild
IOU: 73k
Level 467
Idle DPS: 350M
Support Level 6
i like it, feels like it could be a legit thing
+1 if we remove any mention of referals Smile Seriously hate that function in any game
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
+1
well thought-out
"Sir, we are surrounded" - "Excellent, then we can attack in all directions!"
One of the best suggestion posts I've seen. +1
EdenTier0 | Level: 200 | IOU Score: 17,862 | Cards: 48,586 | Event Points: 540 | Forest 24 | Mine 103
Days Played: 516 | Guild Upgrades: 25 Dmg/8 Pet/10 XP/30 Gold | 4* Dmg/Wood/Stone/Gold Orbs
Total Gold: 346b | Total XP: 188b | Support Level: 8 | Lifetime Kills: 26.4m

Shoutout to my guildies in Love!
(09-24-2015, 03:10 PM)Brouwer Wrote: 3. Support points can be earned, as mentioned above, based on active days. They are called passive support points and they are claimable at the same time daily reward is claimed. The number of points you claim is proportional to number of days played (see trophies).

If you miss a claim, wouldnt that mean you didnt play that day? So you'd still get 3*x.

Other than that, cool idea.
(09-24-2015, 05:55 PM)Zakariaz Wrote: +1 if we remove any mention of referals Smile Seriously hate that function in any game

Great idea all around! I think if you could give some 'support points' to people for helping with Challenges instead of referral, you get the community aspect going without the annoying part.

The only downside I see to that is people could make new accounts JUST to carry them on challenges, so that would have to be addressed somehow.... maybe only 1 award per person helped?

The support point thing would also allow some flexibility, too. Ray could give points out for prizes for things the art contest, suggestions here that get implented, etc. without breaking anything Smile