Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developers Log discussion
I'd just like to say Ray really has his stuff together.... it sounds like things are really on track... things definitely could use balancing.   I'm really happy to hear he's coming to up some card bonus values (as they seem to become less and less relevant) and that he's willing to revisit and retweak (ie pets) stuff that isn't quite right.

I'm really excited to see what the gems are going to do... I'm hoping there will be some choices so that we have some variance in game play, rather than just maxing damage.

Anyone have any ideas on what the next game mode will be?
after hear Ray said in about the next patch and big road i kinda feel more ease :v , Keep up the good work Ray
I have to agree. Ray is doing an awesome job. It has been a long time since I was so excited playing a game.
When he mentioned the possibility of a referral system I'm getting worried. Seems like too much of a facebook style thing and people will spam codes everywhere. You might get a player spike but you also lose reputation. As for the rest, looks great.
"Call me p2w all you want, but I'm looking at ways to reward all dedicated players progress towards support levels, regardless of spending. Likely based on active days, potentially on referrals and other things as well down the road. "

I hope this game doesn't go down the road of referrals rewards. Many games do this and it just ends up people making another account to get rewards.
Everyone sees things differently...

In my circle everyone is sees the most recent changes as a really bad sign. My fingers are crossed though...
(09-26-2015, 09:03 AM)EvoGeek Wrote: Everyone sees things differently...

In my circle everyone is sees the most recent changes as a really bad sign. My fingers are crossed though...

I'm curious... what bad sign do you see? I mean, I can understand a general annoyance at a nerf, but otherwise it seems like a big win for balance between the different features (pets, card collecting, and leveling) that contribute to a stronger character. Sure, the Card Packs smack some of p2w, but I really don't think they're a big enough value to make a different.
It takes a lot for a p2w to actually make use of card packs, so can't really judge based on that. Pet buffs were helpful to both free and p2w, though obviously it still helps p2w more, it still not a significant boost to the cashers.

The only thing the cashers have a huge edge on is based on their support levels and account bonuses. Recently though you could argue that they benefit from having made use of the system before the inferno changes, which mean right now they'll be way ahead of everyone else until the others catch up in time assuming they too have their account bonuses maxed out.

Of course this is how I look at it, besides you guys forget how idle games work, even though you can pay to have a advantage, you just speeding up how long it would have took, long as there is no cap to how strong we can get, there nothing to worry about guys, let the cashers have their fun, they keep the game running so that you can continue to enjoy it.

Anyways as a final note, as long as referrals don't actually reward too much, it won't be a issue, just have to keep it to a minimal, like only reward once for 1-5 referrals.
(09-26-2015, 11:47 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: It takes a lot for a p2w to actually make use of card packs, so can't really judge based on that. Pet buffs were helpful to both free and p2w, though obviously it still helps p2w more, it still not a significant boost to the cashers.

The only thing the cashers have a huge edge on is based on their support levels and account bonuses. Recently though you could argue that they benefit from having made use of the system before the inferno changes, which mean right now they'll be way ahead of everyone else until the others catch up in time assuming they too have their account bonuses maxed out.

Of course this is how I look at it, besides you guys forget how idle games work, even though you can pay to have a advantage, you just speeding up how long it would have took, long as there is no cap to how strong we can get, there nothing to worry about guys, let the cashers have their fun, they keep the game running so that you can continue to enjoy it.

Anyways as a final note, as long as referrals don't actually reward too much, it won't be a issue, just have to keep it to a minimal, like only reward once for 1-5 referrals.

Even with 1-5 referrals this still gives people the option to make multiple accounts and get boosts. A small boost is like "Well that's not significant", but I'm quite sure some people can easily find away to get thousands of referrals, which results in it being definitely significant. Imo a referral system is a completely horrible idea.

As for the only argument about being p2w is that it support the servers, I don't really care for that matter. This game isn't as "idle" as many other idle games, and it actually has a quite bit more competition. Actually in the future it might have Guild vs Guild, or even PvP, which makes it even more non-idle/competitive. 
Overall this is an awesome game, and I'll enjoy it even though p2w people have everything 2x better. And like many argue, it's life. The people with no money, like myself just graduating high school and having no supportive family members, will always be below (in p2p games) than the people with money.
You can usually find me here!
I spoke (with letters on a keyboard) and you've been heard (with letters on the screen).

The initial thought of a referral system was simply to offer additional support points towards support levels as a small reward, however i'm certainly not new to games and know exactly what happens with game referrals....more than likely 95+ percent of the referrals would be fake/proxied, and the rest would be people spamming rudely on other forums and other game's chats with their referral link, bringing negative attention to the game rather than spreading word.

That being said, I don't intend on putting a referral system together at this point after seeing the communities reaction. There may be a time down the road with something else in mind, but for now...out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks for the feedback Smile

Ray