Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Diary 11 September Discuss
I'm really exciting about the new things soon come to IOU XD , and i agreed with Ray , the server issue isnt his fault , game server like yahoo have unstable connection from time to time due to many reason *like DDOS etc* and changing the game server to another host with this BIG GAME IOU now is a HUGE task which cant be done in a short time u guys know , this is not daily issue which can be solve in just 1-2 months , this can take half of a year or may be more , and for those who want to quit IOU then just quit , there is no reason to harass peps still play IOU , example for me , i play 240 days already and i DONT see IOU as bored-stuff , like Ray said everyone have they own goal so stop shaking peps mind , it not nice.
P.S: Just hope the Ray can get a much MUCH bigger team to help him with his work + he have a daily live u know so we cant force him to give all to this game , and the community can be a big and friendly group than other Online games i have played so far
Hey WhiteK,

A lot of people mention bringing more people on board, but if you look at a lot of game studios, you'll see that doesn't always equate to faster development.

The development itself doesn't take much time on my side, but preparing and communicating with other companies (along with the bureaucracy that comes with it), figuring out exactly which priorities should be focused on, and what needs to be backburnered based on situations case by case is what takes a more significant role in the distance in time between patch releases.

As for transferring IOU, I anticipate a full month for the transfer if it becomes official, no more, and definitely not less. The game logic itself would require little change, it would mostly be all the features that connect to the database, payments, web services, and user->user interactions. We'll see how things play out soon enough Smile I'm certainly not worried about it, just more workload, and I enjoy my work.

Ray
I suspect there's a reason for this I don't understand, and perhaps when you say you're overhauling offline progression this is what you mean, but it seems to me that if you allowed progress for people that are logged out, as opposed to having people leaving the game running when afk, then the load on the server would be much less.
Thanks Ray for the reply and now i understand a little more about how a game work and popularity XD
I can't wait til we sell our souls for card packs!
You can usually find me here!