Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inferno
Just want to see if I got this right.. Efter third ascention and unlocking inferno-mode... The only thing to do here is to collect cards? or is there anything else that helps me advance?
Collecting cards, completing challenges, maxing out upgrades, etc.

But essentially, yes, you collect cards.
until more content comes out.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
level up as fast as possible
(09-16-2015, 10:53 PM)SonGoku Wrote: level up as fast as possible

This seems to be at odds with collecting cards though? I just hit 130 and I'm confused that the method of progresssion has shifted so radically from levels to cards. Should I really be farming 1-1 and leveling slowly instead of 10-44? Maybe farm 10-44 until I'm closer to 200 then switch focus to cards?

The advice I've found was to farm cards to 50 from 1-1 and up, but that may be outdated. It just seems like 10-44 will provide much more exp and gold to boost damage (and other upgrades) without relying on rng drops.

Sorry for bumping a month old thread but I figured it made more sense than making a new one on the same topic.
(10-13-2015, 06:28 AM)s4j Wrote: This seems to be at odds with collecting cards though? I just hit 130 and I'm confused that the method of progresssion has shifted so radically from levels to cards. Should I really be farming 1-1 and leveling slowly instead of 10-44? Maybe farm 10-44 until I'm closer to 200 then switch focus to cards?

The advice I've found was to farm cards to 50 from 1-1 and up, but that may be outdated. It just seems like 10-44 will provide much more exp and gold to boost damage (and other upgrades) without relying on rng drops.

Sorry for bumping a month old thread but I figured it made more sense than making a new one on the same topic.
There's not really such a difference between zones after you hit AT3.
You can increase the monster level by changing the inferno tier (under game>hunting) to find an appropriate level opponent.

The advice to farm 50 cards is outdated. After the changes to card damage, it is more efficient to farm 100 cards on each (non-boss) zone.
I'm room 7's vanderbuzzard on kong if you wish to find me.
Thanks for the tips! Guess it's time to focus on the long term goals.
Disregard cards - aquire levels. Cards will come anyway, but xp is far more important.
(10-13-2015, 06:14 PM)feen Wrote: Disregard cards - aquire levels. Cards will come anyway, but xp is far more important.

Yes and no. Exp is important. But that doesn't mean you should sit on the same zone all the time. There is no point in not changing zones if you see that everyone in your party has 100 cards in that zone.

This is especially true now that inferno levels give you a 1% boost to card damage. Currently I have over 10k base damage from my cards. Considering all the rest of my base damage that comes to over 20% of my total base damage. Compared to someone that just sat on 10-44 and collected a few thousand cards I'm far ahead.

XP is the goal, but zone has almost no effect on xp gains. So when picking a zone just focus on cards, and then change whenever you hit 100 cards.
(10-13-2015, 09:59 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote:
(10-13-2015, 06:14 PM)feen Wrote: Disregard cards - aquire levels. Cards will come anyway, but xp is far more important.

Yes and no. Exp is important. But that doesn't mean you should sit on the same zone all the time. There is no point in not changing zones if you see that everyone in your party has 100 cards in that zone.

This is especially true now that inferno levels give you a 1% boost to card damage. Currently I have over 10k base damage from my cards. Considering all the rest of my base damage that comes to over 20% of my total base damage. Compared to someone that just sat on 10-44 and collected a few thousand cards I'm far ahead.

XP is the goal, but zone has almost no effect on xp gains. So when picking a zone just focus on cards, and then change whenever you hit 100 cards.

when people say go for xp over cards they don't mean stay on the same stage for an extended period. They mean farm at an xp optimum tier rather than the optimum for cards

you say 10-44 like it's the best exp? After at3 you go by mob lvl or hp by altering the difficulty tier.