Poll: What kind of Game play do you want.
More time consuming/stressful game content for the day to day game play.
More laid back game content.
Some time consuming/stressful game content once every couple months or so, but mostly laid back.
Some laid back game play, but more time consuming/stressful game content.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion on game play.
Question 
There have been many suggestions lately on more content (more things to do), although good they may make the game into something I didn't start playing for.

I started playing this game to test it out in Kong's beta, it was a great game with really good laid back content, that I LOVE. A game in which I only had to put at most 3 hours of my day into checking it and doing things. So I keep at the game and Donated some of my Kreds to it because I love the relaxing game play.

The first event I was part of was the Spring Revenge event it was great, you could do it all in one day or take your time and spend a week clearing the challenges, just the type of event I (as a laid back gamer) LOVE. Then came the Clean Energy event again a great event a little to time consuming and stressful of an event for someone like me, and now we have the Invasion Double event.
At first when the event came out I thought GREAT we can only play 50 times a day due to the 50 valor and thought what a great way to make the event stress free by making it so one doesn't have to grind 100% of the time to get anywhere, my hopes were dashed rather fast when I found out you can farm after using up your Valor.
We then had the 2%ers complain about how hard the event was, Ray made it easier, people started to clear the event way to fast, the 2%ers asked for more, Ray made a reset (with I think is the original difficulty) now just so I can keep up I have to do boring grind/farming just to get everything the event has to offer.

As it is some people are already quitting due to the game taking to much of their time, it's not that bad for me yet, but I don't want this game to go down the same road as many other MMOs (100-1000 daily things you have to do a day to stay ahead or even be in the rankings or your dead to the top 1000 players) that over flow the Internet.

So here is my poll to you the Players of this fine game Idle Online Universe.

What kind of Game play do you want.

1. More time consuming/stressful game content for the day to day game play.  Confused
2. More laid back game content. Smile
3. Some time consuming/stressful game content once every couple months or so, but mostly laid back. Big Grin
4. Some laid back game play, but more time consuming/stressful game content. Angry
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
Third option seemns good for me.
Nice run 'til now.
Third option easily. I feel like the game should at most remain an idler game, but I do enjoy having stuff to do every now and then. I like keeping up with woodcutting/stone and obviously upgrades and what not, but I would like more to do than that.

EDIT: I will note however that I feel once every couple months is too far and few between. I'd want something to do more often than that, but yea it should still stay mostly an Idler.
so basicly you want people who do have a lot of time to play this game activly, to be bored?
if you want to play casual, then play casual, you will get stronger slowly.
But if you want to dedicate 6+ hours a day in this game, people should be rewarded for their dedication by having fun things to do.
You dont have to keep up with people without a life. Its not healthy.
Also there are more people quitting because there is nothing else to do then because there are things to do ....

Also making your poll choices completely not objecive is stupid. It could be:

1. More fun things to do to enjoy this great game for day to day gameplay Smile
2. Nothing really new, just more things that run in the background while getting bored. Undecided
3. Only every few months there will be something to do if you havent quit by then cause its boring all the time. Angry
4. A lot of things to do for people who play active and for people who play this game laidback. Big Grin
There a problem I always worry about and that adding content that feels "required" to even enjoy the game, if that content can take up to 3 hours, we'll start to see a huge difference between several players of the same level.

Having fun things to do is nice but I feel like the occasional events and having a few something that only rewards you a small amount would be best per day, the only thing we have that gives a small reward for doing anything per day right now is arena which admittedly ends too quickly to be something to do.
I personally want something daily/weekly to do that I can spend even just 30 minutes doing. As of now I only have to play like 10 minutes a day for wooductting/mining ~5 minutes, pet arena 2-3 minutes, and buying upgrades 1-2 minutes. Right now it is like its not even a game just something I keep open.I wish there was something to actually do ingame for maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day.
(09-12-2015, 11:39 PM)DarkSoul55 Wrote: so basicly you want people who do have a lot of time to play this game activly, to be bored?
But if you want to dedicate 6+ hours a day in this game, people should be rewarded for their dedication by having fun things to do.
]You dont have to keep up with people without a life. Its not healthy.
Also there are more people quitting because there is nothing else to do then because there are things to do ....

Also making your poll choices completely not objecive is stupid. It could be:

1. More fun things to do to enjoy this great game for day to day gameplay Smile
2. Nothing really new, just more things that run in the background while getting bored. Undecided
3. Only every few months there will be something to do if you havent quit by then cause its boring all the time. Angry
4. A lot of things to do for people who play active and for people who play this game laidback. Big Grin

Exactly, That is why I did the poll the way I did it. No one really knows what people think is fun, some people like action 24/7 consuming their life, others like a middle ground; play for a few (3-6) hours not having to worry about it to much (aka my kind of game), and others like them where all you have to do is a quick check up for a min or so a day.

The poll choices are just meant to draw you in and get you talking about what is fun for you.

Like FadedSentry, DarkSoul55 (you), DorutheDragon, and Typical all have come in and clarified what they would like to see more of in terms of game play.

Personally I'm more of the type that plays one game for no more then a few hours a day, and I like games that allow me to play just a few hours and stay competitive, while not giving to much to the people who some how can play 24/7. Yes this game needs more but for me if the content starting pushing me to stay active in game longer then a few hours a day, I well not enjoy the game as much as I do now.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
I voted number 3. Its an idle game after all, I personally think its supposed to be laid back Smile
Guild: FOvivors (Creator) Top 50 Guild
IOU: 73k
Level 467
Idle DPS: 350M
Support Level 6
(09-12-2015, 11:39 PM)DarkSoul55 Wrote: so basicly you want people who do have a lot of time to play this game activly, to be bored?
You dont have to keep up with people without a life. Its not healthy.
I voted #3.
I think if you have to spend more than an hour per day in order to complete the daily tasks then its bordering on a active game, not an idle game. 

I work. When I get home from work I dont' want to spend alot of time on iou. I want more stuff to do but I want them to be quick to complete. However I don't see a problem with active players gaining a small advantage similar to how it is now. Active players can click & use skills, claim more chests, pet train more times/day, do three 8h expeditions etc.

@darksoul55

In theory you are correct but when optional content gives considerable rewards they become "required" and if you don't complete them you feel that you lose out and behind the other players. Anyone who played Mist of Pandaria in WoW knows what I mean. Those daily quest were all "optional" but everyone felt forced to do them since the rewards were required to stay competitive.
I agree this is an idle game and should be more laid back. But at the same time I don't think there is a reason that we can't have content that will allow players to play the game constantly.

In my mind this last event was perfect. Only the first 25 levels gave event points. The other 25 were basically optional if you wanted to continue playing the event and get more free stuff.

I'm not saying I want to see stuff like that in the game constantly. But when the weekly activities come out I'm hoping they are setup to give large bonuses for the first few minutes to an hour they are played and then let us get smaller rewards if we want to keep on playing.

The reason I play idle games is because I don't like feeling that I'm getting behind when I can't play. But then I quit because I have time off work and not enough to do. And then I quit the non-active games because I can't keep up when I work 10 hours a day lol.