Poll: Let Ray take a break
Yes, he deserves a break.
No, we want option 1.
No, we want option 2.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New event vs Game content vs A break for Ray
While out of the two options in Kadercito's recent thread I voted for #1 as well, I think a third option is needed.

lol Which is: Let Ray relax for a week and have some time off. While I'm like everyone else itching for new content and events, he's been working crazy hours for the last couple of months. If he continues to push himself like this, he may burn out. Then the game will receive 0 new content and the end.

Ofc Ray will read this and say he doesn't need any time off, but it's just an opinion. It's summer in Canada, he's got a family, he should have time to spend with them before winter comes. After a week of relaxing he can start coding hard again refreshed.

I know most of you want content asap and don't see game devs as nothing more than a way to be entertained which is understandable but after talking to Ray over the past 5-6 months; you realize he's human like the rest of us. As the sole dev, that's a lot of stress and pressure. While a community manager is helping him with community issues, a little time off would help him more. So before you all vote for the number 1 option, consider a third option of a break for him.
Ray definitely deserves a break. The problem with that is if he takes one there's no doubt that he'll lose players. I for one won't leave, but you can't deny that some would.

I know absolutely 0 about coding so unfortunately I don't even know that I could help with getting him a break.
(08-20-2015, 07:12 AM)FadedSentry Wrote: Ray definitely deserves a break. The problem with that is if he takes one there's no doubt that he'll lose players. I for one won't leave, but you can't deny that some would.

I know absolutely 0 about coding so unfortunately I don't even know that I could help with getting him a break.

If people are leaving from him taking a week break...well lol. I don't see it happening, this game releases more patches than any other idle game that I've played and quicker. For players to leave because of him taking a week off, is just silly.

Think about it logically. We all know new content is coming, and new events. We know it'll be out sooner than later; so waiting an addition week shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't even have to be a week off, but he does deserve a break without the community hounding him for new content and events. After every knew patch, people complain about one thing or another; he obviously can't please all of us all of the time. But dealing with those complaints and thinking of solutions is tiring and probably frustrating.

Maybe for once instead of him doing something for us (the community) we can do something for him. Yes, some of you will argue, we give him money but for the amount of work, effort and time he puts into the game. Listening to our comments, helping us one on one, giving us codes...maybe we can do a little more than that, and give him some rest.
(08-20-2015, 07:38 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: [quote='FadedSentry' pid='5322' dateline='1440018755']
Maybe for once instead of him doing something for us (the community) we can do something for him. Yes, some of you will argue, we give him money but for the amount of work, effort and time he puts into the game. Listening to our comments, helping us one on one, giving us codes...maybe we can do a little more than that, and give him some rest.

Like I said, if I knew anything at all about coding I'd be more than happy to help. Unfortunately I do not, and I don't know of any other way I could help him, but yes he most certainly needs a break.
Ray definitely deserves a break and he will take one anytime he wants Tongue
Yeah sure people might get mad or leave, but people should be understanding that if the developer doesn't want to...he doesn't have to.

Not saying that anyone is saying he can't take a break.
You can usually find me here!
he really need a break from all of this , so far his design is a one-man-solo so he need at least 2-3 weeks
I totally agree, he needs to take a break, spending so much time on this project for the past months...I bet he is going insane now with all of the hours spent coding...
If he needs a break, he can hire people to do the work for him ? Money isnt the problem here, tons of cashier in this game.
Instakill Guild
-Creator-