Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood Cutting new stage alert
With the new update you aren't brought back to the stage selection area (obviously) and with that I think you should get a similar alert like Mining gives you the option to buy the new highest level, or maybe just an "Latest level unlocked!", anything really.
(08-19-2015, 04:32 PM)roedar Wrote: With the new update you aren't brought back to the stage selection area (obviously) and with that I think you should get a similar alert like Mining gives you the option to buy the new highest level, or maybe just an "Latest level unlocked!", anything really.

If a notification WAS added I would want it to be like a trophy notification that scrolls over your window -- NOT a pop-up window that you have to click closed. Having to click something closed between chopping down trees would be just as annoying as having to start a new tree was before. Yes, it isn't that hard to click a couple times but why add something that only serves to annoy players? I like not having to click between trees now. Quality of life for chopping wood has never been higher!
(08-19-2015, 06:25 PM)irrimn Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 04:32 PM)roedar Wrote: With the new update you aren't brought back to the stage selection area (obviously) and with that I think you should get a similar alert like Mining gives you the option to buy the new highest level, or maybe just an "Latest level unlocked!", anything really.

If a notification WAS added I would want it to be like a trophy notification that scrolls over your window -- NOT a pop-up window that you have to click closed. Having to click something closed between chopping down trees would be just as annoying as having to start a new tree was before. Yes, it isn't that hard to click a couple times but why add something that only serves to annoy players? I like not having to click between trees now. Quality of life for chopping wood has never been higher!

Didn't really want a click-to-close pop-up, just something like mining that offers you the "dig deeper" or whatever option. Just figured, if it is there for mining... why not LJ now too considering you don't really ever go back to staging area, and I for one liked the old way so. Not that I'm opposed to the new way.
The issue is when you are using the "chainsaw" aka holding down enter.  I dont know if you qualify for the next tree if that notification pops up allowing you to move forward.  If it doesn't then it needs to be added.  I think that was what Roeder was trying to get to.  With the 10x CD for trees, if I miss being able to move on, i wont know it for much longer.
many peps already said about this guys and i think Ray already known :v
*Rage seal of approval*
---Retired---
I understand the reasons that brought many people to ask for trees auto reset for how it was before last patch, but tbh matching that with a 1/10 speed on NRG totally spoiled the sense behind it. How often you end up having a full Energy Capacity to unload on multiple trees now? 

I think the issue that this topic bring up beat the gain of trees auto-resetting by far with current NRG refill speed. You just end up unloading all NRG by enter, maybe making a few hits on a new tree, and without the occasion to verify if you have potential logs to unlock a new area in between. And then you are forced to either quit the tree wasting the NRG spent or wait ages for enough NRG to complete new one and make sure to stop exactly at tree reset...
Update: If you qualify for the new tree it does not move you to it, you have to get the tree down to 0, close the window for the wood gains, then "give up" on your next tree before you can check to see if you qualify for moving up a tree.  TL;DR Running chainsaws means you are behind where you could be for trees.