Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level cap
Hello,
there are a few players on level 50 (current cap). I just found that the experience which you gain after lvl50 is lost after relog - therefore there is no reason to continue exping.

I think high level players need additional motivation to continue playing.

Do you plan to raise level cap soon? Do you plan to add some improvement to "Level"? Atm leveling doesnt help you kill monsters faster; level doing basically nothing.
It might be worth considering to add some passive abilities, which can not be bougth, but you get them every level (+damage etc.).

Thank you.
Hi Sylogis,

Great points...The current cap in place is intended for minor balance reasons between each major content release. While I could just toss a level 1000 cap and watch players slowly add extremely minor bonuses to their post-25 ability upgrades, i'd like to ensure that there's more to each progression stage than that.

The content update is next on the agenda after I finish up on the Guild Invite system, which also includes an increase to the level cap (100).

Leveling can certainly help in manual (click) play with abilities, however for idling, you're absolutely right in that it's not exactly a helping hand otherwise. I like your passive ability idea, but I think that passives should also be a selected upgrade, perhaps an addition to the abilities. I'll also be taking automatic base damage increases into consideration for levels when I get to the content update.

Guild invites should be prepared in the next day or two. The major content update i'm aiming to be complete within a week. I'm just blabber-mouthing here so don't promise-quote me here, but i'd be aiming for around Feb 10th the latest for the content patch.
Oh, one other thing. Regarding hitting the cap and the exp earned disappearing. I think I may include a small addition in the next patch to give players a 25% gold increase for those at the cap so it's not entirely punishing to hit the cap in the meantime.