Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 4 :: 2015 :: February
Guild Invitations and Password enabled parties - Coming Soon. Once these two features are complete, we will officially be out of beta! 

I also keep getting asked if there will be a character wipe...NO, absolutely not - that would be ridiculous. Beta in this case is just the term used to say, "Hey this game isn't even ready to be called a game yet". When the bare features are in (only two left), I will have a great model to build from for expanding features to improve gameplay.

Note that after we are out of beta, the patch release frequency may slow down as the new features will be larger in scale, and as the player-base grows it becomes more damaging to log everyone out of the game. It may get to the point that I schedule updates for specific times instead of trying to push them out as quick as possible.

I think weekly updates, perhaps every Sunday at a specified time will be the route I take if things end up in that direction.
We will be jumping out of Beta stage and jumping into Gamma stage by today  Cool

I have gone through a good portion of reserved assets for future content releases, and while most of the planets currently have 10-15 monsters, the last 3 planets are not going to be so short - not by a long shot. I also have hundreds of additional creature assets set aside for the Challenge system - which i'm hoping to produce over 15 series of new adventure-like theme challenges for 1, 2, 5/6 and 40 man teams. 

Currently progression is a very slow, but that will change significantly as these new systems punch into the game. This does not mean that players will be able to get to where you're at with ease, it just means these additional systems will allow users in the early stages to feel a more accelerated and distracted progression. Something beta players unfortunately always miss out on for being an early adopter....but, that also gives you the edge of getting ahead early!

February and March will be extremely intense months for updates.
Who's ready for a major balance and content update??

I think many of you will be happy with this next addition as it will give you a good nudge forward for zone progression. It should also assist new players push forward a bit further without feeling near instant grinds on the first world.

+1 damage for every level up
+1 additional damage for every level up after 25
+1 additional damage for every level up after 50
+1 additional damage for every level up after 75

Another interesting point about base damage, is that it affects both your Click and Auto(idle) damage.

Level 1 = 5 Damage (0 Bonus)
Level 10 = 14 Damaage (9 Bonus)
Level 25 = 29 Damage (24 bonus)
Level 50 = 79 Damage (74 bonus).

Excel sheet attached

Attached Files
.xlsx   BaseDamageLevelBonus.xlsx (Size: 11.99 KB / Downloads: 560)
Major content addition including the 2nd ascension is currently in heavy works.

Level cap increase
2 new planets
2nd ascension

I have ability expansion system planned as well but will not be able to include it in the patch without holding the patch release hostage for longer, and with several people reaching the current level cap, some even capping out upgrades at 50, i'm in a small hurry to give players more progression.
New major expansion tested and feels ready to go. The patch should be released sometime tomorrow.
Big expansion patch is out, and i'm very spent!  Sleepy

Aside from support and organizing things, i'll be continuing development for Monday to start cleaning up some things before jumping onto the next major update.
I went ahead and grabbed the premium sub for Chatzy, since even though 40 chat rooms were added, they aren't exactly global with 100-200+ players with a 40 room limit.

http://us21.chatzy.com/58449473508516

Should no longer get booted from the room after 60 mins...and this will be the official global chat for IOU discussion and the ability to talk with the game dev from time to time
New 'clean-up' patch is very likely to get released tomorrow  Smile

Priorities will be re-assessed after this release, but i'm looking at working out a systematic approach to the game to ensure features, publicity/marketing, and improvements on the existing product. With every project I have ever worked on, I have always experimented with new ideas and systems and learn from the results.

I'll be attempting a development system stated below:

Phase 1: Focused Clean-up / Minifixes 
 Phase 2: New feature addition
 Phase 3: Marketing / Distribution
 Phase 4: New feature addition

Then rolling back to Phase 1

I feel this will allow priorities to not get too confused/overlapped while the game has a clear and continuous development with a good balance between IOU's needs.

Anyhow, after tomorrow's patch i'll be gearing up for Phase 2. I'm not setting anything in stone, but i'm intending on focusing on one of the most difficult planned features for this release, and that will be the Challenge System

The challenge system will introduce a series of new challenges against a theme of enemies. This will allow expansion of the game, and an alternate gameplay from the World/Zone grind.

4 Modes:
  • Solo
  • Duo
  • Group [5 or 6 players]
  • Army [20 or 40 players]
4 Difficulties:
  • Bronze
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Platinum
New rewards:
  • Challenge Point Currency for Challenge upgrades (similar to Ascension)
  • Each challenge completed will give you a valuable one-time reward
  • Each completed challenge mode in each difficult will earn you Adventure Score....time to have unique scores based on your awesomeness.
This is probably by far the biggest feature addition for the game...so it will likely take 2-3 weeks, but since that's far longer than any other patches have taken, i'll be minimizing the system and not including all features for the initial release, and finish them over the extended Phase 2 period.

Aiming for:
 Initial Release: February 16th
 Full Featured: February 25th

A new server instance has been put into live for solo ascenders that have had a hard time killing the level 66 creatures. Creatures in the first world (after ascending) will now start at level 48, and increase by 3 each time.

Once landing on the 2nd planet, creatures level will increase by 1 again as usual. No creature beyond the first planet have been affected, and this is to allow players who made the mistake of not being fully prepared for ascension to still be able to play and progress.
I have gone in a slightly different route last second with Challenges and their 'Challenge Pts'. While i'll still reward them, they'll currently remain as a score/unusable currency. Other rewards, such as gold, AP, diamonds (for each stage) and permanent bonuses (for completing the last stage) will be awarded.

I'm also a day or two behind for a number of reasons, however things are definitely moving along. I should have a single official solo challenge prepared within the next 48 hours. 

Most of the time has been spent with user interface, designing this entirely separate battle mode, and preparing template systems to allow for easy additions of new challenges. It certainly won't take this long to add new challenges in the future, and I don't think it will be too much of a headache preparing the duo, group, and up to 40-player battles.