Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily/timed activities
Dear sir,

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but are there any thoughts of including activities throughout the day or week, to break up the mundane/trivial grinding?
A few things I could think of would be:

- Daily missions:
 - - Kill any one monster 100x / 250x / 500x in a day, for an exp/gold reward
 - - Kill xx of yy different monsters in a day
 - - Harvest xxx wood
 - - Mine xxx stone
 - - Planet Conquest, kill monsters on every planet
 - - Planet Safari, kill monsters in every zone on a planet
 - - Complete x Duo or party challenges

- Timed events - These will have to happen at certain intervals, since we have players in all time zones:
 - - Every day at 00, 04, 08. 12, 16, 20, there could be some swarming of monsters, randomly showing up instead of regular monsters in zones.
 - - Warlord's Expeditions, once ever 8 or 12 hours, some very hard monsters could appear randomly
 - - World bosses, that would require many players to take down. Could just be done in regular 3-man parties, or solo, and all damage added up to one common boss.
 - - Specific treasures are being relocated by the enemies, intercept these for a bite of that cake!
 - - King's blessings, could be buffs that are cast worldwide at certain times, or even after completion of certain worldwide goals
 - - The 14th every month is All Couple's Day, where solo farming gives penalties, groups of 2 gives bonuses, and groups of 3 is just normal.

These are just examples, for inspiration. The idea is just something to break up the trivial grind, add some elements of socializing (MMO?), some things to reward players for actively playing the game rather than just sit with Niblet or Golem, 24/7 till you move on. Something that encourages finding party members, will help find good party buddies?

Obviously there should be rewards, but not all necessarily much more than just grinding, but you could even add a stat that you earn through missions/events/activities, that could serve as an overall multiplier? (You're well travelled, you've seen the world, etc)

I personally hate games that force you to make neighbors in order to proceed, or require that 10 friends click something to give you something essential to progress, and that's not at all what I am suggesting here, but rather an additional/alternative way to spend some of the time away from the daily grind.

Cheers,
Xesc
Well this is a very big and very good suggestion.
I agree with you as Ray adds these stuff in the game.
It's very complex.
Nice run 'til now.
(08-13-2015, 12:20 AM)Sebinsky2014 Wrote: Well this is a very big and very good suggestion.
It's very complex.

What is up with all your replying being bolded AND italicized?
Other than that I agree These are good idea and will truely make this game MMO. They will take a long time to implement but if he can keep contact on the progression with the community and not release things too far apart the community should grow and stick around till the end and then some.
This game has potential to live for a long, long time. Especially if it starts taking inspiration from games like Dawn of the Dragons on kong or other successful MMOs.
(08-13-2015, 06:52 AM)BillyZeBob Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 12:20 AM)Sebinsky2014 Wrote: Well this is a very big and very good suggestion.
It's very complex.

What is up with all your replying being bolded AND italicized?
Other than that I agree These are good idea and will truely make this game MMO. They will take a long time to implement but if he can keep contact on the progression with the community and not release things too far apart the community should grow and stick around till the end and then some.
This game has potential to live for a long, long time. Especially if it starts taking inspiration from games like Dawn of the Dragons on kong or other successful MMOs.

That is how i write.
I like how it looks.
Nice run 'til now.