Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AP-Gold Relationship
I'd like to see the cost of things in AP to be adjusted a bit.  As it is now, some things are almost a requirement to use AP (speed upgrades, for instance), while others (like new Woodcutting or stone areas) are impossibly expensive.

How about making an AP worth some standard amount of gold?  It would make things alot simpler.
Me personally have had no problem acquiring AP just takes time i send out 3 space expeditions 8 hours and i come out with 6-20 AP a time depending on your luck you can get 8 AP 400% one.
IGN: Rovian
Level: 438
IOU Score: 53247
Guild: KONDOMINIUM
Heart

It's not the acquiring of the AP that I'm talking about... I actually think that's pretty well balanced. It's that fact that for some skills, the AP takes the place of 800,000 gold, others 3-4 Million, still others (speed in particular) 15 -20 million. There are definitely things you want to use the AP for, and things you never should.

I'm not suggesting any sort of exchange ability (Though that might be interesting), just more consistency in it's gold-equivalent value.
Diamond or AP is good for expedition but gold is a bad idea , the gold scale expedition system kinda "old" so i hope Ray will remove gold for food :v + the gold/ap rate is different between things u spend , exp: who low lv mining , new beginner can use ap for higher lv but when the ap become "insane" amount they can just drop out , same go for wood . My suggest is use ap for base damage upgrade or save up to 200-300+ for top-tier area will be smart choices
Maybe I'm wrong here, but the only thing Wildfire2099 is trying to say is that it's weird to see such a drastic variation on the AP:Gold ratio. For instance, currently for me:

For Lvl 36 HP Reduction: 42 AP or 7,597,000 Gold.........1 AP : 180,880 Gold

For Lvl 36 Gold Rate: 14 AP or 5,065,000 Gold.........1 AP : 361,785 Gold

The "currency exchange" is sort of strange. I understand certain upgrades will cost more, but the wacky variance from the AP to Gold is what he wants to discuss.
This was discussed in the past. It's more Ray logic, and that's about all the information he shed on why it is that way. Some upgrades are just meant to be ridiculously overpriced and Ap has no standard gold worth.
(08-06-2015, 04:02 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: Some upgrades are just meant to be ridiculously overpriced and Ap has no standard gold worth.

Some upgrades definitely should be over priced, and for good reason; however do you know why there isn't a gold standard? Did Ray elaborate on that at all?
I like the way the ap cost currently are this makes it easy to focus my resources on its own task. Gold for damage and gold growth, AP for auto speed and minor on pets, Diamonds on account and saving for new features that might take diamonds
- IGN - tucandroll
This is intentional to allow for higher modifiers to be distributed to players at a lower resource cost.

If gold to AP were to be standardized, the net result would be the skill modifiers would be adjusted (likely lowered) or the ap costs increased to balance it.
Markis is correct, it's the weird range that I was talking about.... and what Analog's is saying is only partly true... there are different AP costs for, say, Double Auto and Double Click (essentially the same skill).   Then there's the fact that crit chance costs double what double attack costs in gold, but is the same in AP... that makes no sense!

I understand some things are on purpose, but for the bulk of the skills, it would be nice to have a bit more standardization... it really just seems random.