Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equips, Mounts, Minions and More !!
So, I was thinking of some ideas and suggestions for the game. I am aware that my ideas or remarks might not be accepted or taken into consideration, however as a gamer I do think that I, such as every player out there is heard by the developers when the ideas are sincere.

1 - Equips ( After the 1st Ascension, why not add a blacksmith for equips such as Weapons/Armor, and even the equips differ from uncommon ( 2 Stat buff ), rare ( 3 stat buff ), Ultra rare ( 4 stat buff ), epic ( 5 stat buff ), and Universal ( 6 stat buff ).

PS: Alongside the equips, later on in the game you can also add a Forgery in the guild, for special equips, probably with each 5 levels invested in the building the chances to get rarer equips rise as well. Or Simply make the Forgery in the guild produce Guild related equips only, weapons and armors that cant be found in the blacksmith.

2 - Mounts which reduce and enhance your expeditions as well as increase base damage. Mounts can work the same as the card system however rather than being set to 1 for 2500, it can be set to 1 for 5000, and you need 10 cards to find it, and the way you upgrade it is through getting more of the same mount's cards, so its not an easy task.

3 - Minions : They can mine / cut wood / train pets for you while you are away at the expense of AP. Each 10 AP is 1 hour, or so. I havent figured out the right formula, but I think its a nice idea.

4 - Investments : Gold that you keep banked can be invested, and when your return let us say after 24 hours you get 20% more gold on top of the Gold investment, but there is the risk of the investment failing, and you'll lose your Gold. The ratio depends on how much you have leveled up your ( Investing ) ability in upgrades.

5 - Quests :
That your pets can do, and give you different rewards, but that also means you cant use your pets in battle, or while you are finishing zones.

I think thats about it.
IGN             Phr34kness      lvl 93           IOU         6019
Guild           Z Warriors                           IOU         72746
Well gems are meant for crafting which may be equipment of some sort.
Mounts? reduce and enhance expeditions? that is what the space ships are for. unless your talking about something else.
Minions, great idea, I would make it a diamond by thing that lasts a day or more depending on cost, anything less then a day wouldn't really be that appealing.
Investments, sounds cool but as it is now there is no chance to bank gold, it's smarter to use it as soon as possible, so the investment would have to give a good deal to be worth it.
People are asking for dailies so this idea would fall in with them.
Other than the mounts and the investment, everything else sounds like a pretty good idea.
You can usually find me here!
(07-31-2015, 03:03 PM)Mythic Wrote: Well gems are meant for crafting which may be equipment of some sort.
Mounts? reduce and enhance expeditions? that is what the space ships are for. unless your talking about something else.
Minions, great idea, I would make it a diamond by thing that lasts a day or more depending on cost, anything less then a day wouldn't really be that appealing.
Investments, sounds cool but as it is now there is no chance to bank gold, it's smarter to use it as soon as possible, so the investment would have to give a good deal to be worth it.

I'll start of with Equips

Equips that I'm thinking off fall into two categories Passive and Active.

Active includes everything that boosts your attack, speed, crit chance, double attack.

e.g:
- Boost Base Damage 10%
- 3% more Damage on Boss Levels
- 10% Crit Damage
- 20% Speed
- 5% Crit Chance
- 3% Double Attack chance
- 0.5% dmg boost according to zone and monster's hp.
Passive includes xp,gold, logs, stones, and even fruits.

e.g:
- 5% XP on normal levels
- 2% Chance Double XP on Kill
- 10% x3 Gold Drops
- 0.05% Fruit Drop from bosses. 0.025% from non-boss monsters
- 5% More Logs / Stones

And the buffs range from uncommon to universal equips, which improve the buffs and provide more sets and combinations of boosts.

Thats covers the equips, I know it can be tweaked even further, and worked on.

Sure, we have spaceships to improve our expeditions. The mounts I'm talking about, act as additional boosts for expeditions. They reduce expedition times, because when you land your ship on some planet and search for resources, I think a mount would help even more when you are searching for the resources.

Mounts are also categorized as following :
- Adamant Mounts are more resistant to other mounts and they push themselves to the limit ( less fail ratio )
- Swift Mounts are fast, agile and energetic. They save you time on your expedition.
- Sensory Mounts are scouts who understand the land and the environment.  Hence, more resources.

Those are the buffs they provide for the expeditions, however they also boost your character too. Adamants provide average damage ever 5 ~ 10 clicks. Swift provide minor damage ever 3 ~ 7 clicks. Sensory Mounts provide (x)% boost to your criticals.

The minor / average damage is a percentage of your Base damage, that way its proportional.

I dont think Minions needs any more explanation, but it could work with Diamonds since the AP is mostly used in the Arena.
And Yes, I like the idea of making it a 1 Day use feature only, Minions need to rest too.
Minions purpose is similar to the Daily Code, however its rewards are more rewarding since you are specializing the use of minions in one area of expertise to gain the most out of it.

I suggested the investments because at higher upgrade levels, Gold's drop rate becomes ridiculous in terms of upgrade cost. It would help you gain extra gold every now and then.

Thank you for replying, Stay Golden !
(07-31-2015, 03:37 PM)Phr34kness Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 03:03 PM)Mythic Wrote: Well gems are meant for crafting which may be equipment of some sort.

I'll start of with Equips

Equips that I'm thinking off fall into two categories Passive and Active.

Active includes everything that boosts your attack, speed, crit chance, double attack.

e.g:
- Boost Base Damage 10%
- 3% more Damage on Boss Levels
- 10% Crit Damage
- 20% Speed
- 5% Crit Chance
- 3% Double Attack chance
- 0.5% dmg boost according to zone and monster's hp.
Passive includes xp,gold, logs, stones, and even fruits.

e.g:
- 5% XP on normal levels
- 2% Chance Double XP on Kill
- 10% x3 Gold Drops
- 0.05% Fruit Drop from bosses. 0.025% from non-boss monsters
- 5% More Logs / Stones

And the buffs range from uncommon to universal equips, which improve the buffs and provide more sets and combinations of boosts.

Thats covers the equips, I know it can be tweaked even further, and worked on.

Sure, we have spaceships to improve our expeditions. The mounts I'm talking about, act as additional boosts for expeditions. They reduce expedition times, because when you land your ship on some planet and search for resources, I think a mount would help even more when you are searching for the resources.

Mounts are also categorized as following :
- Adamant Mounts are more resistant to other mounts and they push themselves to the limit ( less fail ratio )
- Swift Mounts are fast, agile and energetic. They save you time on your expedition.
- Sensory Mounts are scouts who understand the land and the environment.  Hence, more resources.

Those are the buffs they provide for the expeditions, however they also boost your character too. Adamants provide average damage ever 5 ~ 10 clicks. Swift provide minor damage ever 3 ~ 7 clicks. Sensory Mounts provide (x)% boost to your criticals.

The minor / average damage is a percentage of your Base damage, that way its proportional.

I dont think Minions needs any more explanation, but it could work with Diamonds since the AP is mostly used in the Arena.
And Yes, I like the idea of making it a 1 Day use feature only, Minions need to rest too.
Minions purpose is similar to the Daily Code, however its rewards are more rewarding since you are specializing the use of minions in one area of expertise to gain the most out of it.

I suggested the investments because at higher upgrade levels, Gold's drop rate becomes ridiculous in terms of upgrade cost. It would help you gain extra gold every now and then.

Thank you for replying, Stay Golden !

Hmm, well it could all work. It would just take balancing to make sure low levels can't get giant boosts or giant gold gains.
I believe that too.

They could work a proportional formula. That way everybody benefits from the boosts according to their level, which is suitable since your level determines what zone/world you are in and almost defines how much Base Dmg you have.

But, I do want you to tell me if there are any improvements to the ideas I laid out, or tweaks.

Especially Equips/Minions.
I like the equipment idea, but I think there could be a few important balancing issues with it.

1. How would you craft items? there could probably be something involving the wood/stone, or maybe add metal as a drop from mining, but that would mean that low level people wouldn't be able to use it and higher level people could just spam-craft it. You would have to have a system where crafting costs got more expensive as you leveled up to balance that.
Then again, I personally hate it when games scale prices to character level/game progression.

2. How would equipment scale to levels? equipment could easily become to OP for low level people and completely useless to higher level people, depending on whether the buffs would be % based or not. Furthermore, even if the buffs are % based, it would still make logical sense for higher level people to be able to craft better items.

2.5. Extending on that, if you chose not to have higher levels craft better items, then there would be no point to crafting new items at later levels because you would already have the best equipment you would ever get anyway.

3. Last point, how many equipment slots would there be? just putting in a little thought, i can easily think of many different options which I will list in a minute. The problem is, if there are to many slots, you could just have too many buffs and be totally OP, but if there are too few, then there's not very much to work for.

3.5. A possible idea to keep people from getting damage buffs from everything would be to have different pieces of equipment have a different possible selection of buffs. (e.g. only jewelry could give gold bonuses or only weapons could give damage bonuses)

Here's the equip slots that i can think of while writing this at 1AM:
Sword (main hand); shield/second sword (off hand); helmet; chest; legs; boots; gloves; cape; ring (maybe 2 slots for each hand); necklace; and bracelet.

Let me know what you think about this, i'm curious about what plans you had for it.
Well the developer already plans to add something with crafting. We know this because one of the guild buildings will also be used for crafting (somehow).
Answer to Question number 1 :

The Forgery is the place where it all begins. The Forgery is where you craft all your items.

The Items are :

- Main Hand ( Weapon )
- Offhand ( Dagger or Shield )
- Head
- Body Armor
- Belt
- Leggings / Pants
- Shoes
- 2 Accessory Slots

The item's level is randomly decided in respect to the building's level.

E.g :

lvl 1 Forgery ----> level 1 ~ 10 Equips
lvl 2 Forgery ----> level 10 ~ 20 Equips
lvl 3 Forgery ----> level 20 ~ 40 Equips
lvl 4 Forgery ----> level 40 ~ 60 Equips
lvl 5 Forgery ----> level 60 ~ 75 Equips
lvl 6 Forgery ----> level 75 ~ 85 Equips
And each level after that adds +10 levels to the range of equip's levels.

And to equip the item you should meet its level requirements.

Now, I had some time to think about players becoming too OP, but you see with this system, everybody is able to get equips and its a rewarding system that makes a player wants to level up to get * Universal Weapon lvl 129 * or that * Ultra Rare Ring Of Fortune lvl 93 *.
All the players will be able to craft the right equipments in respect to their levels, the buffs are still going to keep the players balanced since everyone is getting buffed with the equipments.

The currency is as you said: Crystals. Why crystals, because everybody gets them. Why crystals again, because you have to earn them to get the support damage bonus ( from gaining crystals ) so its a win win. Instead of spending them on AP or Upgrades, you can improve your DPS, Speed, etc.

The prices should be determined as to what values your equip has.

Every level has its own value restrictions, a level 1 weapon cant have its Damage over 8, and each 1 point of damage would cost 0.1 of Crystals, round it up and it'll cost 1 Crystal.

Thats just an example, but to do this we need to go with the following formula.

1 Point of Damage = 0.5 Crystals
1 % of Click/Auto Damage = 1 Crystals
1% time reduction on skills = 5 Crystals

Etc

There should be a generator that will generate the values ( you've preset ) for each Equip level range.
And it'll calculate it's price. The higher the Equip's level range, the higher the parameters and values are preset for them.

From there on its a matter of luck really, what the generator generates.

So that also means low level players will still be able to buy equips. And even if higher players were able to craft higher and better items, isnt that the purpose of the game, to idle your way to the top. Once a low level player, two weeks later the same player is triple his original level.
Its called motivation and I dont find it a bad thing.