Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
orb suggestion: cost reduction
How about an orb to reduce the cost of upgrades. Once you hit auto upgrade of 400 or 500+, prices are getting a bit high Sleepy .
Suggestion:
1 star: 1%
2 star: 3%
3 star: 7%
4 star: 15%
Ofcoarse cap it at 20% for example.
orbs don't have a cap, so i don't see this happening. good idea though.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
People want to get stuff nerfed, then they complain it's too easy. I vote no.
(10-08-2015, 05:05 AM)DarkBobob Wrote: People want to get stuff nerfed, then they complain it's too easy. I vote no.

That seems like an uninformed response. With that comment, I assume you are a very weak, low level player. If you knew how expensive auto base damage gets after several hundred levels, you wouldn't have said that. Early on in a good group, you can get 10-20 upgrade levels no problem. When you are past level 400/500/600/etc and it becomes so expensive that you can grind for 24 hours and only afford 1 or 2 upgrades, then you would love some sort of cost reduction.

As for what Mythic said, eh. Orbs don't have a cap in their current state. It would literally take all of a few lines of code to put a cap on an orb. If anything, it would take away a lot of the coding for an orb since only 3-5 levels would have to be accounted for.

I think a cost reduction orb is a pretty good idea. Notice the numbers suggested are very low, it wouldn't be game changing. The bonus would be hardly noticeable but if it means the difference of an extra upgrade every few days when it costs me 15 billion(15m) for one upgrade, I'm all for it. This would make absolutely no difference to low level players, even upwards of level 210-230 players would barely feel a difference. Having even a 1% cost reduction over the entire time I'm playing for the next few months would be great.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

1. It's not worth the devs spending time on. There are no cost reduction things in the game currently. That means a whole new set of variables has to be created, programmed, and then tested. You are talking about around a full day of work or more.

2. There is already a gold gain orb in the game. In effect it's does the exact same thing by increasing the gold you get. Currently it's a 2% for 1 star and a 8% for 2 star. Only an idiot would purchase the 1%/3% reduction instead. The first star is nearly twice as good and the second star is almost three times as good as the suggested orb. Plus the auto damage and crit orb are both better than the gold gain orb.

So in effect I'd rather see a different feature. Especially since this feature already exists in game, just as a gold increase rather than a cost decrease.
(10-08-2015, 06:19 AM)Poems Wrote: That's probably the most ignorant response I've seen yet on this forum. With that comment, I assume you are a very weak, low level player. If you knew how expensive auto base damage gets after several hundred levels, you wouldn't have said that. Early on in a good group, you can get 10-20 upgrade levels no problem. When you are past level 400/500/600/etc and it becomes so expensive that you can grind for 24 hours and only afford 1 or 2 upgrades, then you would love some sort of cost reduction.

As for what Mythic said, eh. Orbs don't have a cap in their current state. It would literally take all of a few lines of code to put a cap on an orb. If anything, it would take away a lot of the coding for an orb since only 3-5 levels would have to be accounted for.

I think a cost reduction orb is a pretty good idea. Notice the numbers suggested are very low, it wouldn't be game changing. The bonus would be hardly noticeable but if it means the difference of an extra upgrade every few days when it costs me 15 billion(15m) for one upgrade, I'm all for it. This would make absolutely no difference to low level players, even upwards of level 210-230 players would barely feel a difference. Having even a 1% cost reduction over the entire time I'm playing for the next few months would be great.

I think you are ignorant too because I'm not weak and low lvl player. I'm advanced enough in the game to be aware of how it is going, not as far as you for sure, but enough. Before this kind of judgement based on nothing, you should think a bit further. A new orb just to get 1% reduction as you suggested in kinda useless. You could probably get more gold if you invest a few stones in gold rate, or by getting gold/exp orbs (as pointed Aaron in the previous post) .
Just for the record:

20% price reduction is more powerful than 20% more gold.

Also - each inferno lvl gives additional gold boost.

Also - reducing prices will not solve the issue with growing prices. It will move it in time by few upgrades. And we are back to the same problem.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
I don't think that's true... though granted it depends who it's calculated. a 20% price reduction only works one way... if something cost 5 Billion...20% less makes it 4 Billion.

The Gold bonus could be additive to the other bonuses (meaning it's increase is added to the base gold gain) or Multiplicative. Say you're getting 100K per kill, and you total gold bonuses are 100% (I know that's low, just using round numbers for easy math)... that's 200K. Add in the 50% party bonus, you're at 300K. If the 20% is additive, you're adding 30K (20% of the base, and a corresponding increase in the party bonus). If it's multiplicative, you'are adding either 40K (if its additive to the party bonus), or 60K if it's on top of the party bonus.

So which is better? It depends how much you're earning relative to the cost of your skills. My sense is if it's additive the cost reduction is probably a bit better, and if it's multiplicative, the gold gain is better. In either case, it's not going to be a signifigant difference.

That are bestowing the same benefit (faster skill gains). The advantage of gold bonuses are 1) they're already programmed and 2) They encourage playing. Passive benefits like cost reducers don't. I don't really see the point of adding something that's essentially a duplicate of what we have.
All orbs are multiplicative right now.

So for an example take a 1 billion cost upgrade. The 3% at two star reduction orb will reduce that cost to 970 million gold. The 8% at two star gold increase is better since 926 million gold multiplied by 1.08 is just over 1 billion. Yes a 8% decrease would be better and reduce it to 920 million gold needed. But the original post clearly stated that the suggested prices were less than the gold gain orbs boost.

In addition I would assume that the cost reduction would only work on upgrades. So things like your sacrifices would not be affected, along with other systems added into the game. If they were then you are talking about even more programming to take the orb into effect.

In summary we already have this suggestion implemented in the game. It's only slightly different, easier to program, and much better.
(10-09-2015, 11:44 AM)Aaron Storm Wrote: All orbs are multiplicative right now.

Exp isn't. And assuming gold orb works the same way as exp, gold isn't either.
I am a Nerd.  Angel