Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Items (A.K.A an use for crystals)
Hello, lp9 here. I'm here to present you with two ideas: Items and a potential use for the Armory

ITEMS:

What are they? Items are things that you'll be able to equip for bonuses such as damage, attack speed etc. There will be two types of items:
1. Weapons - Will give bonuses to your auto and click upgrades, including base damage
2. Rings - Will give bonuses to your hunting, woodcutting and mining upgrades.

You will be able to equip one weapon and two rings at the most. You will also have an inventory with 20 slots, which should be plenty for all your items.

How to obtain items?

You will be able to obtain items by crafting them from crystals or getting them by killing monsters.

CRYSTALS:
You will need some crystals to craft an item, the better it is, the more crystals it will cost to make. Here is the crafting list:

Common: 1 buff - 5 crystals
Uncommon: 1-2 buffs - 10 crystals
Rare: 2-3 buffs - 25 crystals
Epic: 2-4 buffs - 50 crystals
Flawless: 3-5 buffs - 100 crystals
Legendary: 4-6 buffs - 250 crystals

As for getting them from monster kills, here are the drop rates:

Common: 1 in 1000
Uncommon: 1 in 2000
Rare: 1 in 3000
Epic: 1 in 4500
Flawless: 1 in 7000
Legendary: 1 in 15000

You will also be able to salvage unwanted items for crystals

Common: 1-2 crystals.
Uncommon: 1-5 crystals.
Rare: 2-10 crystals.
Epic: 4-15 crystals
Flawless: 7-20 crystals
Legendary: 10-25 crystals

Armory:

As for the armory, it could decrease the cost for crafting items by 1% every level.

Tell me what you think of this idea. Would you like it in the game?

well.. i can tell you one thing glancing: The drop rate is way too high for monster kills.
At that rate, I'd have 400 Legendary items right now.
---Retired---
(08-30-2015, 09:48 AM)Ragekai Wrote: well.. i can tell you one thing glancing:  The drop rate is way too high for monster kills.

So, you are not worthy of legendary equipment?
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
(08-30-2015, 09:48 AM)Ragekai Wrote: well.. i can tell you one thing glancing:  The drop rate is way too high for monster kills.

Maybe it's too high, but it depends on how good the equipments/buffs are. Besides, his idea is to equip 3 so your other 397 would just be extra resources (crystals).

Also, if you're going to add equipments drop from monsters, they need a power/level. Otherwise they might be too good for low levels or too bad for high levels.

For example:
  • Legendary weapon level X (dropped from monsters level X) = +X base attack.
  • Flawless weapon level X = +0.75*X base attack.
  • Epic weapon level X = +0.5*X base attack.
  • Rare weapon level X = +0.4*X base attack.
I just threw random numbers, no need to say they're too low/high.

You could say that a "+% damage buff" wouldnt need a level requirement, but then people would just go farm a monster they can 1 shot as long as it has the same chance to drop the same equipment as a monster it would take him 5s+.

Yeah, the rates were a bit too high. I changed them now, what do you think?

Also, i have an another idea. The items could scale with your level, so they're not overpowered at the beggining and underpowered at inferno. I'd say they would have to range from 10 levels from your current level ( Example: You're lvl 100. If you get an item, it's level should be 90-110)
I personally don't see Ray adding in an item drop to hunting, items have been a part of Ray's plan for some time, and people keep making suggestions for them even tho we don't know what they are for or what they well do.
It's kind of like those PvP suggestions, Ray already has a plan for it until it's ready we shouldn't be suggesting changes to it until it is actually in the game.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos