Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I can't play this game anymore...
I find the concept of this game great and there are a lot of good people, but the problem is that even more than most microtransaction games, money rules. I created a guild that got up to top 15 with a lot of hard work. We were working together and there was teamwork. Then there came talk about top 10. The 2 players in the guild who spent hundreds of dollars already decided to take the hardest workers and pull them into top 10 guilds since I wasn't willing to spend $5k that was necessary to "play with the big boys". I don't mind playing for a game, the developers deserve compensation, but the amount of overpowered players using money instead of time is obscene. I am glad you are raking in a ton of money, but you have lost me as a player by being so greedy

Jeremy Boggess
info@joyofmusic.org
To be honest, I'm not sure why you call the Developer greedy simply because players choose to support the game by donating. Ray isn't forcing anyone to pay money, and he does put an awful lot of time into this game.
(08-13-2015, 03:52 AM)FadedSentry Wrote: To be honest, I'm not sure why you call the Developer greedy simply because players choose to support the game by donating. Ray isn't forcing anyone to pay money, and he does put an awful lot of time into this game.

And to add to that, this game your able to gain premium currency, where other games you can not get premium currency unless you pay.
Also this thread is not a suggestion and should have gone in Q&A.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(08-13-2015, 03:49 AM)AlphaOmega Wrote:   I am glad you are raking in a ton of money, but you have lost me as a player by being so greedy

This sentence was uncalled for. Ray made an awesome game, and people chose to invest in it (That's all it is, an investment in entertainment), which is great.
I understand that some people spend a lot, way more than most of us would, and that's ok, since this is not PVP or a competition as such.
(Obviously, when pvp is launched, all paid-for bonuses will be excluded in those fights, right? RIGHT?)
But calling Ray greedy because of that was totally unnecessary, and in reality, just plain rude.

However, I do agree with hoping he rakes in a ton of money (which I unfortunately don't think he is) because this is a great product - he deserves it! The game doesn't write itself.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

It's not 5k neccessary to play with the big boys.

I'm top 40 in upgrades as of 8/12/2015 and I've spent under $300.
Also Rank 81 in pets; Rank 123 Wood cutting, Rank 77 mining (5 mins away from 67); Rank 131 trophies; Leader of Rank 17 guild.

All with money leftover to Up atk speed to lv.35.

That's paying under $300 (prob about 240-260 ish I think) over the course of 3 months gameplay.

Edit: 53 overall.
Should have titled it 'I can't wait until Ray releases features that encourage members stay loyal to guilds'
i am currently level 208 i play for 29 days now.
I only bought the beginnerspack to support free games like this.
But even if i didnt do that i would still be around the same level.
So people who dont pay to play can still make it pretty good.
If you play this game without caring so much about ranks I feel like you'll enjoy this game more. Yes money and time will determine how strong a player/guild is but if you always compare yourself to other people you'll never enjoy anything.

I'll do a real life comparison. You start to go to the gym and you're a beginner bodybuilder, you look around you and see many people a lot stronger than you, what do you do? Do you just quit cause they're so far ahead of you?

Play the game for you and you'll enjoy more of it.
Agree , when u play game it doesnt mean u HAVE to be the winner , just be a gamer :v
I understand that you're upset but do you really feel that Ray is a greedy person? Look at all of the ways he set up the game to give premium currency, he even held an art event recently that gave away awesome prizes.

I think your anger is directed at the wrong person here, the 2 top paying people in your guild...who have forgone loyalty for status are the ones you should be disappointed in. Not someone who has constantly tried to balance the game for f2p and paying players. Show me a game like IOU where you can increase vip support levels without having to spend a cent in game. While yes, it may take you longer to increase them playing for free, in the end they still increase.

In reality though it's your members who have let you down. Look at Sy leader of MDK, second ranked guild. We could of been the first ranked guild still if Sy, decided to only take members who spent money in the game. We still have players who are f2p in game. Rank is not that important to some of us. Even Chaos has Phayte as a member who I believe is still f2p. Top guild...with a f2p, not someone who has spent 5grand, how is that possible. Loyalty.

Good luck to you in your situation Smile