Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inviting / kicking players in party (Better party system)
(07-18-2015, 03:09 AM)Kaotikus Wrote: That's understandable, but it's also quite frustrating if you're, say, farming world 10, someone joins, and you're suddenly pulled down to world 4.  That actually nearly led to me quitting the game after a couple of days because I couldn't figure out what was going on or how to make it stop (the settings weren't as visible at that point as they are now).  IMO, there needs to be some kind of progression-based limiting - maybe they're within a world or 2 of where you are progression-wise.  If you want to help someone out who is lower than that, you can join them.

I think adding some limitations in the party option menu would surely be useful. Such as a floor planet/zone, and maybe a ceiling too if there's demand for that.

In terms of min level caps, I'd personally suggest that players can set their min/max range by only one +/- value, e.g. if you want no one more than 5 levels under you, you also can't select (or be joined by) anyone more than 5 levels above you. And if you want to select from 20 levels above, you also can be joined by 20 levels below, etc. Would get messier if each party member's setting need to be taken into account though.

And showing new players how to adjust their party options is probably another great idea. I didn't even know you had to progress manually when I first made an account. Randoms kept joining and moving me, and I just thought the game had auto-progression when I completed a level. (Thanks to whoever helped me out for those first few days btw!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inviting / kicking players in party (Better party system) - Analog - 07-18-2015, 10:50 AM