Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to calculate the best palce to idle
(06-10-2015, 05:23 PM)itsme Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 12:16 PM)Wq9ill Wrote: When  you collect a coin there will be a text showing it's exact worth.

Well I'd want to idle it for a set amount of time then be able to see how much I got. There's things that throw off the coin counts like triple chance and it seems like it isn't always the same amount regaardless, and unless I watched and counted how many things I killed I couldn't use that methd to get an accurate estimate of how much gold was made.

Not sure if there is a way to see that much resolution in current gold amount.

Rounding to the nearest 1K or 1M should be sufficient. Technically, even the individual coin drop is probably a decimal but the client displays it as an integer. (Just my guess, maybe it does round to whole numbers.)

There will be enough variation to not have to worry about that fraction of a percent anyway. Unless you are timing pretty short runs, you could probably just leave treasure spawns active (since being able to idle through those is a common goal) then average everything out. Keep in mind which timed runs had treasures active and which did not, as that will skew results more than the gold amount can.

I think only the party leader's treasure spawn option matters, so be sure to visually or verbally confirm if you are not the leader for your data.

In practice, it wouldn't need to be this detailed to gauge which levels to hunt, but it might give you a drop off threshold or clarify if +/- 25 levels is worth it.

Rock on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to calculate the best palce to idle - Analog - 06-10-2015, 06:09 PM