Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The new hud
@CRIMSONKING
I'm pretty Sure solar is aware that Ray works hard and does an excellent work on this game, he simply expressed what I consider constructive criticism on some visual aspects of the game, no matter how trivial and unimportant they are compared to gameplay ones.

Of course making sure the gameplay side of the game works fine is an absolute priority, but that shouldn't stop users from helping Ray with their feedback on the visual side as well. And Ray himself admitted he wasn't completely sure on some choices (like the pet exp bar), or overlooked others (the highlighter layer overlapping abilities icons). That doesn't mean complaining or belittling all the fantastic work Ray is putting into the game, and a peculiar thing about feedback is that Ray is free to approve it or not depending on whether he considers a specific suggestion worth of being applied (where factors like his personal opinion and the feasibility and/or time such change requires matter).

All in all, I think each suggestion is welcome as long as it provides a complete explanation like Solar did. Had he simply posted "I don't like the old hud, I was used to the old one" THAT would have been just a complaint, not a feedback.

Just because some things (like gameplay) are much more important than others (like aestethic changes) it doesn't mean users should completely avoid posting the latter (if anything, they should of course not expect those suggestions to be prioritized over gameplay ones when it comes to Ray looking at the suggestions forum). Nor it means lacking respect towards all the efforts and time Ray puts into his job.

Messages In This Thread
The new hud - Solar - 04-20-2015, 06:55 AM
RE: The new hud - Ray - 04-20-2015, 07:33 AM
RE: The new hud - Solar - 04-20-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: The new hud - CRIMSONKING - 04-20-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: The new hud - pibedetorres - 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: The new hud - Ray - 04-20-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: The new hud - redfox7 - 04-21-2015, 07:24 AM