Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short Story Community Competition!
IGN: ShikuLupine Genre: Comedy

Parallel worlds: worlds that while similar, may have slight differences. What happens if these worlds happen to connect to each other? This is a story of one such instance.

King Imaginecles, who overlooks his kingdom from atop his fortress, decides to hold a meeting with his most trusted knights to discuss the future of his kingdom. “Men, we've had reports of two mysterious black silhouettes on the outskirts of the kingdom, and I need my two bravest knights to investigate, so I'm sending Sir Boguson and Sir Pretendalot to solve this mystery.”

The wwo knights left the fortress, stopping on the way stable that resided outside the fortress. “Surely the king is imagining things.” Boguson said, as they saddled up on horses and left the stable, stopping to pray at the altar and cash their paychecks at the bank, they arrived between the warehouse and stable, and it was there they saw it.

“By the potental 40 gods” Said Pretendalot. The knights dared not touch the silhouettes as there was no describing them. Glancing down the road, Boguson motioned to Pretendalot. “I say, is that not the aquatic research further down the road?” Heading toward it, they noticed similar buildings, even their own fortress, however, it looked different, as if less resources were invested into it.

Entering the fortress, they were met by not their king, but a different one. “Guards! Remove these intruders!” he exclaimed, forcing the two knights to flee past the stable, the altar, the bank, and so on. Escaping the pursuers, curious as to what happened, the knights continued down the road, finding the same buildings but differently resourced each time, each with a different king.

“How many times have we done this?” Said Boguson. “5,847 and counting.” Said Pretendalot. “For almost 3 years.”

Messages In This Thread
Short Story Community Competition! - Level - 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM
RE: Short Story Community Competition! - SonicOkami - 02-02-2018, 05:59 PM
IGN: vexatyk - vexatyk - 02-06-2018, 04:16 PM