Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legendary System at lvl 1000
(02-05-2017, 10:01 AM)Srw Wrote: To me this feature is a complete joke. Spending development resources and time on a feature that less than 1% of players can use. Probably one that less than 10% will ever get to use. This game has been out for around 2 years now and it will be close to the 3 year mark before the very very long term non spending players will get to access it. It's one thing to put in a feature that takes a few months to access, but a few years? I'd love for new players to get a pop up when they first start that lists all the features and how long the estimated time is for them to get access to them. "Woodcutting, fishing, mining, sacrifices, etc - less than 1 day usually", "Legendary system - ~2-3 years depending on whether or not you spend a few grand". The counter to this is every other person saying "but we keep getting more and more dps from new features and progression". That means nothing, never has and never will. The best solution would have been to implement the legendary system between 600-800. It seems like this system is meant to be the absolute endgame, so are levels going to be pushed aside and never added onto again? I have nothing to look forward to with this system, having to wait hundreds of days to access something has a way of killing the motivation and hype leading up to it. Sadly I have not even the slightest hope that this will change. Not enough people around to complain about it. As history has shown Ray has the tendency to break when hundreds of low level, inexperienced people whine(Think of last years events that has bad balancing at first.). Since a very very small % of people are nearing or have surpassed 1000, and without exception all are spending players, barely any high level players seem to have a problem with the level requirement.

lol Well look at the views on this thread vs the comments. If people actually spoke up, it would mean something. I started this game with a buddy who plays freely. He's at the same days played as I am and over 200 levels lower than I am. Sure one day, in another year or more he'll reach end game content but 3 years to get there. Free players which are the majority of players should be pissed off by this.

I am curious though as to the testers who frequently help Ray out and if the majority of them are spenders of the game. I can't see how a free player who tested this out, thought this was a good idea.

To me it's borderline funny, Ray saying in the past that he'd never release something like the BH event again which was an embarrassment and then goes to release content that only players who spent money during that event could access in any sort of timely manner.

And honestly it's such an easy fix, if he added a tier between 200-1000 right now that gave more ability points or idle/click skills have a new cap rule after x lvl. But no, 1000 first for the spenders and later when he gets around to it, he'll do content for others. I often support Ray but it's impossible for me to support this. The main aspect of the game, should not be such a tedious grind without content along the way. This isn't really just about boo hoo I'm not level 1000+ it's that after playing for so long, I expect better decisions by Ray for the IOU community as a whole.

Messages In This Thread
Legendary System at lvl 1000 - CRIMSONKING - 01-17-2017, 07:04 AM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - Drok00 - 02-04-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - Drok00 - 02-04-2017, 10:44 PM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - Ray - 01-18-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - erebs - 02-04-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - Srw - 02-05-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - porkbob - 02-05-2017, 11:32 AM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - CRIMSONKING - 02-06-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - Brouwer - 02-08-2017, 11:28 PM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - erebs - 02-06-2017, 09:42 PM
RE: Legendary System at lvl 1000 - Brouwer - 02-14-2017, 09:52 PM