Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
IOU Pet Upgrade Analyzer v0.1d by Indigo Ferret
(06-30-2016, 01:33 PM)Aghannor Wrote: Where did you get the formulas for determining how each of the various upgrades affects DPS? Specifically, whether they're additive or multiplicative with each other?
He probably copied the dps formula from Blackie.

In fact, you'd be better off ignoring it entirely and spending those PP on strengthening instead, which gives you 3 times the damage boost for far less PP.
If you try to use the analyzer, it shows strengthening is the best upgrade to start with (damage/P.P. spent wise), and it is.

Likewise, your sheet has final blow act as a 20% multiplier (multiplying by 1+B14/5).  But why divide by 5, when it's supposed to activate at under 25% hp? If we're assuming that all enemy HPs are equally likely, shouldn't it be 1/4 rather than 1/5?  And if we're not assuming that all enemy HPs are equally likely, how do we end up at 1/5 expected activation?
I didn't understand the final blow multiplier being divided by 5 either, but that keeps my pet dps way closer to "/cmd comparedps" than if it was divided by 4.

Comparing the pet dps% from sheets vs "/cmd comparedps" still gives me a higher % in sheets (not by much, though). (48.88% vs 49.54%)

(06-30-2016, 05:37 PM)Tezexlo Wrote: Critdmg is bugged, you actually make less(!) dmg atm. And its dmg*(1+critmulti+0,2). So standard critmulti without upgrades is 20%.
The critical bug is weird. It does less damage but if you check your pet dps% (in game) before and after you upgrade a critical chance node, you will see it actually increases dps. So it could be a visual bug, who knows.

To use this sheet in a google doc, download the file and then import->upload. Ifna formula doesn't work though, so you'll need to fix. Another fix needed is log -> ln in the dps formula (or just change the multiplier to *(1+B10/2) as Tezexlo mentioned, it doesn't change much).

Messages In This Thread
RE: IOU Pet Upgrade Analyzer v0.1 by Indigo Ferret - Hipoo - 07-01-2016, 01:23 AM