Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should blackhole event be brought back yearly
(05-10-2016, 01:08 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: I spent on BH event. And no it wasn't as huge a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. Roughly it doubled the diamonds you got from spending, that's it.

Personally I'm probably in the minority, I think it should be brought back. But with a few restrictions and a few understandings.

1. It should only happen 1 time a year.
2. People that spent last black hole, or in previous ones, should start at the same point they were. Basically this would mean you would have to spend more to advance further. Although the rewards were roughly the same for each level of it the amount you had to spend between levels increased, and from what I remember didn't the rewards go down slightly compared to what was spent?
3. It should be understood that this game isn't a non-profit charity, it's a business. Money spent on the game supports Ray and the game and allows him to expand the game further. I want to see Ray be successful, he puts a lot into this game and I believe he deserves to get a lot out of it. If all the whiners can't put up with a single less than a week long event once a year in order to expand the game then they should make their own mmo game and let people play it totally for free (which will never happen because it's expensive and a lot of work).
4. It should also be understood that BH event needs to be announced at least a few weeks in advance. And also the main reason to do it once a year, besides to funding the game of course, is so that new players aren't left out.

If that doesn't work I at least hope to see some sort of Black Friday event coming up, even if it ends up being limited to only like $100 or something.

PS the event packs (not the event point packs) suck, they aren't nearly as good as just buying a 2000 kred pack from the game normally. The event point packs are awesome but I wish they were a little bit cheaper, $50 a month is kind of expensive.

One thing - BH diamond gains was roughly exponentially greater per money spent. So people that hit like level 40+ (people who spent thousands during this) were getting sooooooo many diamonds for their dollars that it was ridiculous. Made spending before and after practically pointless (except for those event packs) vs when that event was running.

So the problem with that is...f2p are left out. They got generous rewards, but the reward were a small percentage of what the p2w got. Yes, p2w support the game with MONEY. F2p support the game by just playing it and (like me) participating in the community.

Don't hope for another BH event. There's never gonna be one most likely. It was a horrible event that gave just a small amount of money spent a giant advantage. You may think "business", but it's especially bad for the f2p player base (which is a lot more than the small percentage of hardcore p2w).
You can usually find me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should blackhole event be brought back yearly - Aar118 - 05-10-2016, 04:14 PM