The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interface stuff I find annoying
I just noticed the animations all play even though that window is not the focus and is behind others. Could reduce CPU load by cutting out more of the animations if the window does not have focus. Maybe instead just have the clock run and the health bar go.

Or add a button for super cpu / ram saving mode where it disables all animations except health bars and clocks / timers. I know you guys have a ton of work with the overhaul bu wanted to toss this out since it may be easy to implement. In fact you could turn the whole thing into a blank screen and bundle all the connection requests for gold xp and  hits into one update every 5 to 15 seconds. This would reduce network and server load by quite a bit. once someone brings back the window they would need to wait till the next 15 second upload happened then they would get their interface back and data would flow as it does now.

in this tickets screen, and other boxes, hitting tab from the title bar, or anything else, does not bring you into this text box area, or the next logical button. I figure since you are planning an UI overhaul making it easier on players who want quick keyboard keys like me would be awesome. It is especially useful when running this game on a remote system through the internet especially with a touchpad. Basically full keyboard support to play the game without a mouse.

Messages In This Thread
interface stuff I find annoying - panoz - 05-05-2016, 04:21 PM