The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Events - Let's work together!
I believe that nothing brings a community together better than working together to accomplish a common goal. One perfect example of that in IOU right now is guilds. A group of people come together to grow a guild, benefiting all. But guilds are fairly small, and limited, and that's not a problem at all.

Instead what I suggest are Public(global) themed instances. This could include any assortment of Global Dungeons, Global Bosses, Global Buildings, and Gobal Warming.

Here's what I'm thinking, and I'm thinking very broadly here because I want the feedback of the rest of the community:

Global Dungeons: A daily event that resets like everything else (00:00 EST) that allows players to connect to a public dungeon and fight monsters to attain higher progress, yielding higher rewards (specific to personal participation).

Global Bosses: This one speaks for itself. At random, a boss spawns in IOU, it's your mission to aid in its defeat! Just like dungeons, rewards are specific to personal participation.

Global Buildings. This one is a little different, and kind of an odd concept that I like. We have guild buildings in which members can donate to, earn guild XP, and reap benefits as the buildings level up. What I propose is the same, but on a global level. The stone required to level these buildings up would be drastically increased, and beyond that the stone donated will contribute to a Contribution Milestone which allows those who donate more to get more effect from the building.

Example of Global Building:
Arena level 1 - .5% increased damage.
Arena level 1 Milestone requirement - 250,000 stone. Once a player has donated 250,000 stone, they will get the effect of Arena level 1.

Arena level 2 - 1% increased damage.
Arena level 2 Milestone requirement - 500,000. Even though the Arena might be level 2, if you've only donated 300,000 stone, you only get the effects of level 1. Once 500,000 is reached, you'll have the effect of level 2.

What this does is allows players not only to work together, but allows them to strategically choose which benefits they'd like to choose from. Additionally, contribution can be totaled up similar to Guild XP, which allows players to purchase smaller, but significant personal upgrades with Global XP.

I know this was a lot, and the numbers are just theoretical for example sake, but I wanted to keep things broad so that you all can voice your opinions as well.

Messages In This Thread
Public Events - Let's work together! - Martyr - 04-01-2016, 09:01 AM