The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Poll: Do you want this to happen?
Yes! Good idea
No! Bad idea
This suggestion needs work
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss Buffs + compensation
Hello
Recently I've talked to some new players since the game got on the front page of Kongregate recently..
It seems like if they wouldn't have 'chatted' to people, they wouldn't be playing the game at all.
Since there's almost nothing to 'challenge' while the player is present (even challenges can be 'meh')

One of them was sad there was almost no 'boss' feature, as the bosses barely seemed like bosses.
No real bosses was also a reason why I almost didn't get into this game, but anyway:

I've got a suggestion!

Somewhat 'dramatically' increase every final bosses health in every worlds (1-10/2-10/2-20 exc.)
This would add more of a 'building experience for the player so maybe they're forced to find a party or farm up before fighting the boss.

To compensate for this buff:

- Suggested by Void: Possibly increase gold/exp gains on bosses, similar to their health increase.
(Or only having a gold/exp increase, if boss hp doesn't buff)

- Suggested by DoruTheDragon: Multiply cards gained on bosses, this can account for inferno players.

- You only ever have to kill the final boss ONCE to move on

- Rather then randomly having a 30% bonus at the end when you're finished every world in your ascension, after every boss you earn the bonus however the bonus is evenly spread:
So in ascension 0, after completing 1-10 you earn 6% overall bonus exp.
After completing 2-10 you earn another 6%. (total 30% for this ascension)

In Ascension 1 it would be spread to 5% bonus every final boss (total 35% for this ascension)

Ascension 2 it would spread to 4% bonus every final boss (total 40% for this ascension)

The difference is that you have something to farm for and may have to build up before fighting for a better experience, only gaining a bonus right after giving the player a reason to try for completion.
Be honest: No new player knows about the increase unless somebody tells them… Which is why it should at least be a hover over text/pop up text when it's gained…. (Really need to start focusing on some small issues)

What do you think? Should difficult things be left for the challenges? Is this a terrible idea that I haven't thought through well enough?
I personally think this could increase the players experience, currently thinking of an implement for inferno tiers.

Messages In This Thread
Boss Buffs + compensation - vosavo - 12-29-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: Boss Buffs + compensation - Aar118 - 12-29-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Boss Buffs + compensation - vosavo - 12-30-2015, 03:15 AM
RE: Boss Buffs + compensation - vosavo - 12-30-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Boss Buffs + compensation - Aar118 - 12-31-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Boss Buffs + compensation - vosavo - 01-01-2016, 01:55 AM