Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What can be done to improve your holidays?
(12-24-2015, 07:54 PM)Poems Wrote: What sharkhunt said isn't wrong, but it is disagreed with mostly because people on the forums have a very weak spine and get personally upset when someone calls Ray out. Could Ray have done more? Absolutely. An overwhelming number of people both on the forums and in the Kong chatrooms see Ray as some type of flawless God of developers. That's just not true. If people could hop off Rays shaft for 5 minutes, the flaws in the game are painfully obvious. Sharkhunt was 100% right when he said "Might as well call IOU R2 Games". Anyone who knows about R2 will agree after the blackhole event. As much as he claims that he tries to make IOU not pay 2 win, that event was a complete joke. It's not an accident when you put in bonus levels for spending on that atrocious of a level. Sure Yahoo hosting is terrible and most of the game crashes are out of Rays hands, but players have been more than patient with the endless months of "swapping servers soon".

That's not to say IOU is a complete trash game. It has its good features. The infinite challenge update boosted free players quite a bit, not just the paying players. Most of the events are good and are quite generous with giving out free premium currency. IOU is one of the only MMOs out there(If not the only) that throws premium currency at players for free. Things still need to be done to balance the game more. I'm pretty damn tired of seeing people 10-20 levels below me with 200-400% more dps than me when I've been playing 2,3,4x longer than them.

The response to my response is obvious. After reading, all the little fanboys will come crying "Don't be so mean to Ray he is trying his hardest!", "You're wrong moron, don't you read the patch notes!?", "Then quit if you think the game is bad, no one cares that you're around". Simple and plain, the game will not get better if people do not point out the negatives. When people do point out the negatives however, it's mostly only met with negative feedback.  If Ray is going to make IOU another p2w craphole, then of course we are going to complain, with recent events that's exactly where this game is heading. When people have a DPS after playing for ~150 days that a free player couldn't reach if they played IOU for 5 years straight then it becomes a problem.

Who cares though right? Flame me fanboys.

Eh, I believe the majority of the people probably agree with you.
You can usually find me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can be done to improve your holidays? - Aar118 - 12-24-2015, 08:15 PM