Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Management Options - Discussion
The first thing that guilds need is a better communication system. The problem with Aaron Storm's suggestion that it's part of good management is that there's no persistent group messaging system, and with members coming in from all around the world, the time zones don't even always line up to be online at the same time. Generally my chat will persist if I leave my computer on, but a lot of times it clears itself (maybe I disconnected for a few seconds while I was gone for 8-10 hours?). With a better communication system, I think organization would be more feasible. Then, later on, when the numbers are ridiculous and you have a bunch of loose cannons (some people are just out to troll), I'd rather police them with an expanded set of management tools than just kick them because that's the way I roll (and why make them someone else's problem?). And having a friend's list would probably fix Aaron's issue with using the other tool. It would be pretty easy to piece a guild back together after a catastrophic bug if we had a friend system (or if you right down the names of your members to re-invite them *hint* *hint* haha). But yeah, the few bugs in the past have been catastrophic for guilds: losing creatorship, having the guild randomly disbanded, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guild Management Options - Discussion - scottishrob13 - 10-09-2015, 05:33 AM