The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Management Options - Discussion
Dear Ray, dear community

First things first: Ray, thank you very much for this game you are hosting, it's a lot of fun. I looked over the board and did not see any thread with this leading thema, if there is, please move my comment there Smile

I can't write things like that without a "how we have come here" text in the beginning, so sorry for taking your time Smile

Recentntly, I've become guild leader of the guild I was playing with and all of you know: With might comes responsibilitiy. So I've had a look at the management board to confirm what I can do, what is not much but the basics needed.

So I want to open a thread, foremost to discus with other players and yourself, Ray, if there is some need for additional options for the guild management.

To begin, I've got 2 missing options I myself would really appreciate:

1. Guild Buildings Management:

To have a better overview and control for the guild donations, it would really come in handy if there was an option to deny investments to buildings the leadership does not think of any use at this time. Like that you could say "OK, we gonna go for building X and Y" and the only options to invest on will be these 2.

I don't know if I'm thinking too restrictive, but you'll have that one Han Solo in every guild which is doing as he pleases just to get the guild XP but not really thinking about the guilds "goals", even though you discussed it in guild chat. Or for others coming back online which missed the discussion and don't know there is a new "target".

But please, let me hear your opinions on that one.

2. Optional Guild Kick Timer:

I don't know if the title itself is saying enough, here a short explanation.

It would be convenient to have some sort of timer, which is configureable by the leadership, to kick members after they have been offline for zzz hours. Only members, no leaders, creators or captains. So you could disable the counter or promote the ones which you know will be away for some days / weeks, so you don't kick ones which will be back after some time for sure.

To be honest, this option would just be to please my lazyness, so I don't have to look over the guild members every day / week, but I think there will be some other ppl which would like to have something like this because of lazyness....

BUT: If you are thinking about implementing something like that, don't do it before you got the friendlist working. That way you could message one of your old guildies to get back in if you were on vacation or something like that. I personally would set the range zzz (100-999) so it could not be "abused".

@ Ray: I don't know how your DB has been built, so I cannot say if it's even possible to make these things running without hours and hours of work...Cause there will be some writes and I think you need another table or two. The table is not the problem, sure, but I know the pain which give writes sometimes...

So, please feel free to join the discussion, post your opinions or ideas.

Cheers YumeTsubasa

Messages In This Thread
Guild Management Options - Discussion - YumeTsubasa - 10-07-2015, 02:13 AM