Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge mode - currently, worst feature
Yeah, gotta say that something needs to be done. As a F2P player who refused to let anyone carry him and thought it was straight up rude to jump into a challenge that I hadn't already done solo, it really doesn't take that long to hit the big milestones. Yeah, the last one is hard as hell, but it should be! Now that I'm 200+ I feel like I'm exponentially leaping closer to being at the level I need to be without a carry to get that stuff done and I've only been playing for what, a month and a half? And I'm not very active - I just let the game idle most of the time.

The problem with the current system is that only people who spec perfectly and are extremely mindful of what they're doing can actually complete the challenges they're unlocking just because they're at the right level. Most players, from what I've seen, don't care enough to be mindful in how they spec and upgrade while progressing which is evident when i was able to carry my end of duos and still lose because the other person was 15 lvls higher and doing 20% less damage.

On one hand I feel like enforcing my own self-set morals on everyone else, forcing them to complete the solo challenge before moving up, isn't really fair. On the other hand, I'm sick and tired of trying to get a challenge done where I just need people to carry their weight and I get two guys who are way underpowered that drag us all down. So yeah, I think the best solution is to scrap level requirements entirely, and move to a "Complete the solo version to unlock the rest" system. That being said, if we want everyone to be able to do the group challenges, we need to be able to run them again with our guildmates sometimes - so that idea of not letting anyone repeat really isn't a good one. Hell, even as it is I sometimes have trouble finding people to finish stuff with. At that point, assuming they've done the solo, it'd be pretty hard for them to drag everyone down and getting a friend or random to carry you wouldn't be as...cheap? Yeah cheap is a good word.

Smoothing out the bonuses between completion and milestone would also be pleasing to me, since the gap seems silly, but it's just a personal preference. It's not like it will change anything on a practical level. Sure, you may be a little better off in between milestones, but not enough to really matter. In any case, it still tickles my fancy even if I know it doesn't mean much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge mode - currently, worst feature - scottishrob13 - 10-09-2015, 07:16 PM