Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion [Random Card Packs]
(10-03-2015, 12:39 AM)AffinityX Wrote: For the 750 diamond random pack, I would suggest (totally randomly, numbers will almost definitely need adjusting) something like Tiny(27.5%)/Small(30%)/Medium(15%)/Large(12.5%)/Jumbo(9%)/Gigantic(4.5%)/Inferno(1.5%). --> At those percentages, there should be a decent chance to get more than 750 diamonds worth, but it should not be out of control.  Even the higher tier packs will balance out and exceed the safer price of just buying the pack alone.   There is always some risk in the gambling process. Smile

For the 1500 I would put the numbers closer to this; Tiny(5%)/Small(15%)/Medium(35%)/Large(22.5%)/Jumbo(12.5%)/Gigantic(5%)/Inferno(5%).  Again the numbers probably need a little adjustment, but like the previous bracket allows for the possibility of good rewards, while averaging on the lower end of things.

I think this implementation would help the game, as a lot of people like to pay to play in more of a gambling fashion.  It somewhat adds to the fun of things!  I'm just speaking for myself, but I know the feature has worked well in many other games.

The idea seems good, but the numbers are way to imbalanced. 

For 750 diamonds you gain a pack of average value of 1840 diamonds, and for 1500 diamonds the average value of pack is 3117.5 diamonds.  You need to cut off lots of % from higher packs or you are just making a lottery from which you can win, on average, 2x more than you put into it.
I am a Nerd.  Angel

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion [Random Card Packs] - AffinityX - 10-03-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: Suggestion [Random Card Packs] - Brouwer - 10-03-2015, 05:29 AM