Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equips, Mounts, Minions and More !!
I like the equipment idea, but I think there could be a few important balancing issues with it.

1. How would you craft items? there could probably be something involving the wood/stone, or maybe add metal as a drop from mining, but that would mean that low level people wouldn't be able to use it and higher level people could just spam-craft it. You would have to have a system where crafting costs got more expensive as you leveled up to balance that.
Then again, I personally hate it when games scale prices to character level/game progression.

2. How would equipment scale to levels? equipment could easily become to OP for low level people and completely useless to higher level people, depending on whether the buffs would be % based or not. Furthermore, even if the buffs are % based, it would still make logical sense for higher level people to be able to craft better items.

2.5. Extending on that, if you chose not to have higher levels craft better items, then there would be no point to crafting new items at later levels because you would already have the best equipment you would ever get anyway.

3. Last point, how many equipment slots would there be? just putting in a little thought, i can easily think of many different options which I will list in a minute. The problem is, if there are to many slots, you could just have too many buffs and be totally OP, but if there are too few, then there's not very much to work for.

3.5. A possible idea to keep people from getting damage buffs from everything would be to have different pieces of equipment have a different possible selection of buffs. (e.g. only jewelry could give gold bonuses or only weapons could give damage bonuses)

Here's the equip slots that i can think of while writing this at 1AM:
Sword (main hand); shield/second sword (off hand); helmet; chest; legs; boots; gloves; cape; ring (maybe 2 slots for each hand); necklace; and bracelet.

Let me know what you think about this, i'm curious about what plans you had for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Equips, Mounts, Minions and More !! - Duskhelt - 08-02-2015, 03:50 PM