Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buildings
So i've got the idea that, similar to guild buildings, a player could have his own little city where he could use gold, wood and stone to build stuff that would generate a passive gold income which would be 24/7 so you basically implement offline gains for mobile this way. Maybe also have a library or university or something, which would grant a small amount of xp as well.

Maybe you could also expand the space part of the game to be more than just expeditions that way, as you could just have it be the players very own space station.

I've once played a game where a big part of the players income was based on a clan structure, so i guess if you want to keep it simple having a guild building that generates gold for the members would be an option as well..
The problem I see with the suggestion isn't as much of function of the idea, but more the theme. Why does each player own a small town/settlement? Hunting mode showcases players jumping from planet to planet adventuring, and Space Exploration expands on that we have our own spaceship. Guilds having bases/buildings makes some sense, I'm also trying to rack my head around what would be an appropriate 'town' building theme.

Mechanics/Function wise- the only barriers to it being a solid idea are making it worthwhile investment but not make it dominate over traditional hunting. The game is more of an MMORPG utilizing idle game mechanics, so there is an emphasis on players staying connected for best benefits. There's already a sizable amt of systems to grant resources over time- Hunting/Chest Claim/Daily Claim/Expeditions. In terms of augmenting that, there's not much difference between +% exp/gold and +exp/gold per sec.

I could see an upgrade that would boost/modify the offline bonus, or grant additional effects based on offline time... and that's about it.
ray needs some sort of offline gains for mobile.