Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving gold to Guild Members
I know the biggest knock against this idea is people's having multi alts and allowing this would speed people's alt growing.

To combat gold giving to feed alts I'd suggest this.

1. Has to be in the same guild for at least a week. (Prevents guild skipping)

2. There is a 90% gold fee charged unless someone is within 10 levels of the other person.
Ex. You are lvl 100 and you give 200m gold to a lvl 5 they'd only get 20m gold and 180m gold would be lost. 
Ex. You are lvl 100 and you give 200m to someone who is 94 then they'd get the full 200m. 

3. There is a 3 day cool down on this. Once again to prevent feeding alts while allowing guild members to still help each other.

4. There is a 10AP charge per gold giving transaction. 

5. A maximum of 200m gold can be given within a week which would amount to 20m gold if the person is under 10 levels of the giver.
good idea but still exploitable :v
I could give a long laundry list of ways to prevent it from being exploited. But programming all of it without bugs is going to be a huge headache.

You could limit 1 account per IP address.

Your response "People can just use proxies"

Do another IP check that compares the previous IP logged with the most current. Most proxies aren't static so it would fail this check.
Edit: The location of the IP address changes. Whereas a home IP address is going to give the same ISP location.

You could also make it so lower people can't give higher leveled people gold. This right here would stop most of the alt abuse.
1. I thought you could easily set the proxy to go through the same ISP. If you can, then detecting a change could be bad because if the router is ever even unplugged or reset then the game would think you're cheating.

2. Regardless of this, before guilds even came out Ray said he was fine with people who wanted to use multiple accounts. That was one of the arguments about alts being abused by guilds and why he changed that.

3. What kind of alt abuse is still going on? Just curious.
Sorry folks, the game is not designed with trading or generosity of currencies in mind. There will never be the ability to hand gold, or AP, or Diamonds (Except through purchased codes, maybe) to people.

People can help others out by getting through zones/challenges/speed-kills, but when it comes to currencies, that's when it gets a little out of control...exploits aside.
(07-11-2015, 02:14 AM)Ray Wrote: Sorry folks, the game is not designed with trading or generosity of currencies in mind. There will never be the ability to hand gold, or AP, or Diamonds (Except through purchased codes, maybe) to people.

People can help others out by getting through zones/challenges/speed-kills, but when it comes to currencies, that's when it gets a little out of control...exploits aside.

The problem I have is I'm lvl 139, my other 2 friends are 141 and 137. We got another friend into the game and outside of challenges we can't do anything together. And I'm getting the feeling he's gonna quit due to this. Any ideas how to fix this since you shot down the gold idea.

Edit: I'd love for him to join our group but we can't due to ascension differences.
(07-11-2015, 03:37 AM)Theringthatdoesnotruleitall Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 02:14 AM)Ray Wrote: Sorry folks, the game is not designed with trading or generosity of currencies in mind. There will never be the ability to hand gold, or AP, or Diamonds (Except through purchased codes, maybe) to people.

The problem I have is I'm lvl 139, my other 2 friends are 141 and 137. We got another friend into the game and outside of challenges we can't do anything together. And I'm getting the feeling he's gonna quit due to this. Any ideas how to fix this since you shot down the gold idea.

Edit: I'd love for him to join our group but we can't due to ascension differences.

lol Get yet another friend to join so he has company, or make an alt. Eventually when you all get to level 200+ your levels will be similar. When my buddy joined the game, I just didn't ascend until he caught up. Yeah it slowed down my progress but meh, what are friends for.
You can always assist with getting him into a more established guild, or help with challenges in the meantime. There's no way, or planned way around that though unfortunately

Good call.
(07-11-2015, 09:22 AM)Ray Wrote: You can always assist with getting him into a more established guild, or help with challenges in the meantime. There's no way, or planned way around that though unfortunately

A more established guild might yield him more 6% more xp if that. And no guild is going to waste a spot on someone lvl 20-30. So that is a moot point. Once you do every challenge for them you have no way of helping them. 

Shame you can't sponsor a person with a cash payment so you could group with them.