Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Show how much each player has donated to guild
(06-24-2015, 03:20 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: Imo No. A guild isn't here to build up one person, a guild leader is here to help connect the people of his guild together. Not dictate people into doing what he wants. 

I thought Guild Leaders led? I don't remember anything about necessarily connecting guild members together. Some people just care about progressing, and they only use a guild as a means for that and not necessarily connecting to others. Yes, I know it's your opinion on how they should act, but isn't it a bit ironic that you're dictating how guild leaders should act when you're simultaneously decrying dictation?  Wink 

Anyway, I support this idea. More information and stats is something I almost always support. If people complain about Guild Leaders using it to kick people out of a Guild, big deal. A Guild Leader can run their Guild however they want. If kicking for something like that rustles your jimmies that much, then you wouldn't want to be in their guild in the first place. It certainly helps pick out freeloaders if your guild is focused on making progress.
Fair enough yes guild leaders can do whatever they want its completely up to them.
(06-24-2015, 07:50 AM)Zebezian Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 03:20 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: Imo No. A guild isn't here to build up one person, a guild leader is here to help connect the people of his guild together. Not dictate people into doing what he wants. 

I thought Guild Leaders led? I don't remember anything about necessarily connecting guild members together. Some people just care about progressing, and they only use a guild as a means for that and not necessarily connecting to others. Yes, I know it's your opinion on how they should act, but isn't it a bit ironic that you're dictating how guild leaders should act when you're simultaneously decrying dictation?  Wink 

Anyway, I support this idea. More information and stats is something I almost always support. If people complain about Guild Leaders using it to kick people out of a Guild, big deal. A Guild Leader can run their Guild however they want. If kicking for something like that rustles your jimmies that much, then you wouldn't want to be in their guild in the first place. It certainly helps pick out freeloaders if your guild is focused on making progress.

lol Well I did say IMO, which means it is only an opinion and not a law I'm trying to in-still. So it isn't ironic at all. Everyone is free to do as they please.

Well you may disagree with how I think guild leaders should lead which is fine, all I have to show for my opinion is being in the #1 guild. If you as a guild leader want to lead in that manner for progression and it takes your guild to the top; all the power to you. Gl competing with a leader who actually cares about his members though. Sy for prez.
Guilds do have a different dynamic between top ranking, mid level, and newly created guilds. In some cases, having access to that data and using it (kicking freeloaders) is surely justified.

Though most fully active guilds wouldn't need to worry about it.

I'm pretty ambivalent about this subject as well. Perhaps a middle ground option could work, like a weekly report, or weekly donation ranking, either showing numbers or just a relative placement. Or a threshold indicator if a player has donated x value of stone for the week or month, e.g., 1 star for 1k, 2 for 3k, etc. Or, different color medals.

Any other compromises?

Rock on.
As a successful guild leader, I like the idea. I'm not the most competitive leader, but I'd like to see who all is helping with guild buildings. I know at this poitn captain and leader ranks aren't too great, but honestly guild donations could be seen as a plus when looking to find a guild captain or leader. And as per the fact of it making people look bad, I can be logged in 24/7 and just look at who donated in the chat log and record it myself. So where is the harm i nan automated system? Not like I'm going to kick people who donate less than an x quota. But if a guild is to be competitive, they need the buildings to back them up. So if member z inputs 200k stone, and member y only puts in 1k stone but has 200k stone saved up, they aren't pulling their weight. This idea would also help with the tough spot of how few guild slots you can get. If member y kept refusing to input more of their stone, you could replace them with someone who will care about the guild's growth. So I'm all in favor of such an addition to guilds.
~~Proud Leader of Eden Regenesis~~
"Only through power and cooperation can we re-grow the original Eden"